Tuesday, August 08, 2006

To College!

So I decided to write a blog in honor of my sis (her blog link on the side is K.W.). She hasn’t really had time to blog because she is getting ready to leave for College next week! Oh here come the emotions from me….excited, proud, nervous, a hint of envy! She will be coming to school in the same town I live and even though we are 8 years apart in age – we are SO close! So it will be great to have her here!

I started thinking about College and all the fun classes I took and my 5 different majors! All my Recreation and Tourism classes, guitar class, ballroom dance, photography, athletic training, art, teaching and more...those were the fun ones! I started to realize I kind of missed college! Don’t get me wrong I don’t miss not having any money, reading all the time, English & IPC classes, driving my old car, dorms, DRAMA, living with seven people in a three bedroom apartment (even though THAT was kinda fun) but there are things I miss!

Things I Miss:
* I miss all the different classes you can take
* Learning something new
* Hanging out in the dorms!!
* The freedom you felt when you were on campus and away from parents
* Hanging out on campus with your friends
* Getting up at 11 for class and being done by 3
* Taking naps during the day
* Drama!!! :-)
* Going to the bar till 2am and then to after hour parties till 4am
* Thinking I was cool when I was underage and drinking with my friends
* Thinking I was cool when I was 21 and could drink and making fun of all those “underagers”
* Thinking I was cool when I out drank guys
* Growing up and realizing what was important in life
* The wonderful friends I made ( even the ones I don't talk to anymore)
* Finding my soon to be husband

I could keep going! I loved my college experience, not necessarily because of what I took out of it academically but rather what I got out of it personally! It is funny, during college all I wanted to do was get out of school and after I left all I wanted to do was go back! Going back now I know it would be different, not better not worse…just different. My priorities/mentality have changed. Besides, I can barely stay up till midnight on the weekend and a margarita makes me tipsy!!

Best of luck K! I know you will rock at college, I am SO proud of you!!

Do you miss anything from college, any favorite college memories???

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Jenn's Sister!!!!
    You'll have a blast!

    I too miss many things about college, many classes, many friends, many random experiences!

    I miss my golf class, my piano class, my sign language class, and my poetry class...those were probably the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, Jenn, I agree. College will always have a soft-spot in my heart. (Cheesy, I know.) It is honestly, where I met my best friend and my network of girl support. There are 14 of us - and I love them all tremendously.

    College was cool. It went by so quickly, in hindsight.

    If asked, I'd definitely do college again. High school? No. Way. Jose.

    ReplyDelete