Friday, February 04, 2011

Oh Look Who Decided To Finally Post A Blog And Not Be Such A Recluse


Just a little bit of this and that…..

* My apologies for being away.  There is just a lot going on right now and my small little brain is too full to clearly think about posts.  Seriously, it is like my brain stopped functioning properly after the first of the year.  Hopefully I can get some kind of reboot for my brain once things calm down a bit!

* My Dad’s birthday was earlier this week on February 1st! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!  I am SO lucky to have such a wonderful father.  He is just awesome. LOVE YOU!

* I have come to the realization that as much as I try to plan my life and follow that plan, the universe has a totally different plan for me and will never allow me to get comfortable with the way I think things should work out in my life.  Oh Universe you are keeping me on my toes and there is never a dull moment that is for sure.

* I use cliché phrases all the time and I don’t know why.  I mean I should just say what I really mean but instead I say things like “Throw in the towel, spill the beans, raining cats and dogs, on cloud nine, mind your P’s and Q’s, no spring chicken,  stay on my toes…..where do these even come from?!  And don’t even get me started on how many proverbs I use when I talk. Who do I think I am a philosopher?! However, if there is a book that talks about the origins of all these phrases that I use so often, I must have it.  I find it interesting and it would give me more phrases to use!

* The Super Bowl is this weekend and my parents are coming up to celebrate my dad’s birthday and watch the Super Bowl. My dad got lucky with having his birthday near the Super Bowl because he gets to celebrate his birthday by eating wings, pizza, nachos, drinking beer and watching football!  How lucky is he :)  I am indifferent about the Super Bowl, but I really enjoy being with my family and watching the commercials and of course love any reason to eat snack foods all day long! 

* Speaking of Super Bowl food what are your favorite “game day foods” that you make or order?  I have ideas, but still thinking exactly what to have.  Wings, pizza, chicken nachos with a cheese sauce, potato skins, pigs in a blanket, soft pretzels, brownies and a big top cupcake for my dad! Yeah, I plan on eating all day.

* I am addicted to the show House Hunters on hgtv.  Regular House Hunters or International, it doesn’t matter.  The last few Saturdays I have spent watching the show late at night by myself eating Nilla Wafers and Nutella, while Terry is downstairs watching his TV. Love it.

* I really like the cooler months, but I think I am ready for the snow to be gone and it to be a bit warmer outside.  I am not saying summer weather; just a little warmth would be much appreciated right now.

5 comments:

  1. You know what I say all the time? Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Hah!

    I want to be ON House Hunters! The American houses they see always are so clean and many times empty. (I've seen some kinda gross houses on the International show) I wonder if they pay the homeowners to vacate? It would make sense, to not have all of that clutter.

    I miss your blogging - blog more! And change your header missy - it ain't Christmas anymore! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back to the blogosphere, we missed you. not that i've been any better!!

    super bowl food favorite - usually involves some sort of tortilla chip and cheese (real or otherwise) and all kinds of crap that is bad for you.

    nutella and nilla wafers - also my favorite snack at the moment!! and love the House Hunters.

    f

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post. I love it.

    #1. Never apologize for not blogging. Life gets busy. We are here waiting.

    #2. Happy birthday to your Dad.

    #3. I agree. The best laid plans always erupt and go in the other direction. I hope you're ok, friend.

    #4. IDIOMS! Yes! "Throw in the towel" and all of those fun phrases are REALLY hard to translate to people in Spanish. They're like, "HUH? Why would I throw my towel?" And the same goes for their idioms. I never get them. I just smile and nod.

    #5. Superbowl = eh. I'm with you. The commercials (and food) are the best parts. I hate wings, though.

    #6. I am also addicted to House Hunters (and all things HGTV right now). I LOVE Dear Geniveve (sp?) and Candace tells all.

    #7. Nutella is amazing.

    #8. I think you're justified in preferring a BIT warmer weather. I mean the snowfall in your neck of the woods has been a little ridic, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did the Big Top cupcake turn out? I got really excited when I bought this for a friend and she did NOT share my enthusiasm.

    Love that you have separate tvs.

    Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The big top cake was awesome! We got it over a year ago from my parents and we have used it a number of times. You can get 6-8 good pieces of cake out of it. It is actually perfect if you just need a smaller cake so you don't have a huge big cake taunting you with leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete