Just a little bit of this and that…..
* My apologies for being away. There is just a lot going on right now and my small little brain is too full to clearly think about posts. Seriously, it is like my brain stopped functioning properly after the first of the year. Hopefully I can get some kind of reboot for my brain once things calm down a bit!
* My Dad’s birthday was earlier this week on February 1st! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! I am SO lucky to have such a wonderful father. He is just awesome. LOVE YOU!
* I have come to the realization that as much as I try to plan my life and follow that plan, the universe has a totally different plan for me and will never allow me to get comfortable with the way I think things should work out in my life. Oh Universe you are keeping me on my toes and there is never a dull moment that is for sure.
* I use cliché phrases all the time and I don’t know why. I mean I should just say what I really mean but instead I say things like “Throw in the towel, spill the beans, raining cats and dogs, on cloud nine, mind your P’s and Q’s, no spring chicken, stay on my toes…..where do these even come from?! And don’t even get me started on how many proverbs I use when I talk. Who do I think I am a philosopher?! However, if there is a book that talks about the origins of all these phrases that I use so often, I must have it. I find it interesting and it would give me more phrases to use!
* The Super Bowl is this weekend and my parents are coming up to celebrate my dad’s birthday and watch the Super Bowl. My dad got lucky with having his birthday near the Super Bowl because he gets to celebrate his birthday by eating wings, pizza, nachos, drinking beer and watching football! How lucky is he :) I am indifferent about the Super Bowl, but I really enjoy being with my family and watching the commercials and of course love any reason to eat snack foods all day long!
* Speaking of Super Bowl food what are your favorite “game day foods” that you make or order? I have ideas, but still thinking exactly what to have. Wings, pizza, chicken nachos with a cheese sauce, potato skins, pigs in a blanket, soft pretzels, brownies and a big top cupcake for my dad! Yeah, I plan on eating all day.
* I am addicted to the show House Hunters on hgtv. Regular House Hunters or International, it doesn’t matter. The last few Saturdays I have spent watching the show late at night by myself eating Nilla Wafers and Nutella, while Terry is downstairs watching his TV. Love it.
* I really like the cooler months, but I think I am ready for the snow to be gone and it to be a bit warmer outside. I am not saying summer weather; just a little warmth would be much appreciated right now.