Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Thursday, August 22, 2013
**Update: I read some other sights and I guess they should say 50-75 and understand 75-200 by two. That sounds more reasonable for a two year old!
Monday, August 19, 2013
This child who is a total techy.
Friday, August 16, 2013
Thursday, August 15, 2013
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Last month Sci-Fi scored big with their hit Sharknado. Even heard something about it on NPR.
Well following in the steps of, what I can only guess was an Oscar worthy movie, Sci-Fi has done it again with the new movie Ghost Shark!!
The premise. “A great white shark is tortured and killed by a fisherman, then returns from the dead, exacting vengeance on all humans.” Yeah, it is a shark. That comes back from the dead. As a GHOST. To kill people.
I mean, really. Does it get more genius than that. I think not.
See the trailer HERE.
No really....GO NOW!!
I will wait.......
I know, right?!?! AWESOME!
Did you see the girl washing the car and the shark came from that tiny bucket?!?! Who knew?!
Screw a classic like Jaws. Sci-Fi is taking the shark movie to a whole new level.
I for one know what I will be doing on August 22nd.
Who ya gonna call?!?!
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
(Now I do try to include Henry in the cooking process. But this recipe really didn't have much he could "help with". No stirring or cleaning veggies. He was mad he couldn't help and partly, along with boredom, why I think ciaos ensued.)
Monday, August 05, 2013
* I strongly dislike Mondays. That is it.
* New Blog - A Must Read: My sister has started a fitness blog. This first post is extremely well written and very relatable. More than a fitness blog. Read it HERE.
* At work last week someone brought in these large muffins. Well I was getting some coffee when a female coworker was walking by and a male co-worker came over and said “wow, those are some muffins”. My response was “don’t talk about J. like that at work! I am telling HR!” I also wanted to say “why thank you” but thought that would embarrass him even more than what I did say. I think I probably need to get a filter on me, but when comments like that happen in my presence it is pretty much physically impossible for me to NOT say something!! Luckily he laughed and thought it was funny and it was only sort of awkward. Now excuse me while I go talk to HR….. ;-)
* I like Kristen Bell. Please do not confuse with Kristen Stewart. I believe if she met me, we would be friends, you know after my initial bout of awkwardness because that is how I am around people. She just seems real and fun and this article talking about her post baby body….YES!! EXACTLY.
“I like my Lincoln Leftovers because they’re proof I did something extraordinary. I gave life to my new BFF & she gave me a comical amount of midsection skin”. “I had to surrender to not worrying about the way I looked, how much I weighed, because that’s just part of the journey of having a baby. I am not a woman whose self-worth comes from her dress size.”
* Confession. I like to put suntan lotion on my hands or on Henry’s head/face, not for protection but because I like the smell. And I like to smell Henry’s head.
* I have this constant internal struggle with being a working mom, like I am sure every parent has. It has been really bad this summer due to the fact that Henry is now getting older and does more and I feel like I am missing so much because I work and our crazy schedule. Because of this I have been trying to do everything possible (within reason and his temperament), whenever we have a hint of free time. Fair Thursday night, friends Saturday evening, baseball game Sunday. Last weekend the zoo. Outside every evening. If you know me you know I am NOT a social person, but for Henry/family time I am and I am ignoring my own fears and insecurities. It has been emotional, but I am trying to soak up every opportunity I can with him and try not to miss more than I am or think I am. It is funny the ways kids change you.
* Because of the previous point above, cleaning of the house has been….er….not something I have kept up on. Guess something has to give…
* My son turns two in about 5 weeks. HOLY SHIT.
* THIS is AWESOME.
* We went to the first Mud Hens game with Henry. Except for the trying to fold himself up in the chair, trying to hand out flyers to the people in front of us, wanting to go on the field to get a ball, and screaming every time we made him walk it was pretty fun! He clapped when everyone clapped (so cute), danced a bit, and enjoyed some baseball food! It was fun to get out of the house as a family for a free baseball game, even if we only got to watch 3.5 innings :-) He really is such a goof!