Thursday, August 17, 2006

If you are in the area...



So the time has come :-(

If you happen to be traveling to BG and want to see all the great things we have to offer *cough cough* well please do not pick this weekend to visit. Today starts a 4 day traffic jam of crazy people, not knowing where to go, fun fest of people coming into our small town.

Today the freshman start moving into the dorms and into town. Which means parents and family members all bringing their kids, grand kids, brothers and sister, second cousins, everyone...up to be a part of this moving in day! Don't get me wrong, one of those silly freshman is my sister and I am SO excited to have her up here....but my family is one of the smart ones! They have already done this once and know what to do and are not going to be causing any problems or irratations unlike many of the other freshman that come into town.

Throughout the week, other college students will begin to trickle into the town - disrupting our pleasant way of life and thinking that THEY now own the town! MY ASS! If I hit a couple freshman/college students who think walking accross 5 lanes of traffic while I have a green light is cool, then so be it. I won't hit them hard...just enough to knock some sense into them! (Disclaimer - I would never intentionally hit most people)

I also have to say that the city of BG also has many roads blocked off leading up to the school and police out directing traffic....why don't we give these students a parade and wipe their asses after they shit all over our town while we are at it! We are giving them everything else they want.....and breathe! Into my happy place - and I am better!

If that wasn't enough to drive me crazy!!! Get this! BG is the city that holds the National Tractor Pulls every year! YAY :-(

So now we have arrogant, drunk and/or timid college students as well as arrogant, drunk and obnoxious tractor pullers coming into our town! No beer for the next week :( The tractor pullers are interesting, at least they pretty much stay at the fair grounds, hotels, wal-mart or anywhere they sell chips/beer or gas. Ok, in our town that is pretty much everywhere, but at least they won't be on MY side of town - I get the college students on my side! And of course, more roads are blocked and more traffic problems!!

So basically, please do not come to BG this weekend - I beg of you! I do not want any more people in our already crazy town!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! No. thank. you. I will definitely stay far away.

    Are you just going to stay in lock-down at your house?? Be sure to stock up on canned goods and essential junk food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I was extended an invite to the grand 'ol tractor pull by my PC friends... but after hearing such stories like yours, there's no way I'll be in BG this weekend!

    Good luck J!

    ReplyDelete