Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Have your cake....!




Ok, so I am not a big fan of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, I guess I am more of a vanilla/chocolate combo girl, but my man LOVES anything chocolate!! He use to love the Bill Knapps Resteraunt cakes more than any other cake out there. Apparently Bill Knapps went out of business a few years ago, but the popularity of their cake was so overwhelming that a bakery bought the rights to the cake name and the recipe and they continue to make and sell their cakes!! We found this out about a month ago when we went to our local Meijer and T. found one. They are $7.99 but if you love chocolate and cake, T. says you will not be disappointed!!!!

5 comments:

  1. OH, that sounds so good. My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can cakes be shipped across state borders??? :-)

    I have tried it and it is a good cake and smells so wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm... I'm going to buy an afternoon treat now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:54 PM

    I am T... it is the finest of memory jogging confections I have ever been sampled in my life. Bill Knapps was always a meeting place for my family and friends during my youth. Never a birthday or special occasion would pass without a trip there. It was a good place and a source for a lot of fond memories of a less hectic time... the cake was always there. Its simplicity of design and distinct flavor is unforgetable to me and in my opinion unrivaled. Believe me I have had plenty of cakes to compare it with through the 27 years since I first tried it and it always comes back to the Celebration Cake(that's its proper nomer) when I just want a piece of honest to goodness F'n cake... no frills, no marketing mega machine, no face, and no opinion on the packaging insulting my ability to reason out whether it's good or not. God bless you Mr. Knapp, wherever you may be, for your culinary masterpiece to the common person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. T, welcome!

    Isn't great when food can be such a connector to your past and present and different memories we have in our life!!

    Very well said T, very well said! :-)

    ReplyDelete