Monday, August 28, 2006

It's My Party and I Will be Drunk if I Want Too!

So this Saturday was my bachelorette party. It was a nice time. I did feel like I was the only one drinking! I got a really really REALLY good buzz going but not so much that I was sick or felt like shit the next day – PERFECT! It seemed like half my friends were drinking drinking and half were just casually drinking. It was kinda funny to see people who I know can throw back just take it easy….WTF, I know you can drink :-) hehehe (I kid I kid) Honestly, most of the people who came only new one or two people in the group so there may have been that intimidation to not drink and act a fool in front of people they don’t know – who knows! I just hope EVERYONE had a nice time, drinking or not! I know I had a nice time! It was the first time in a really long time that I could hangout with the people I care about and just let loose and relax and have fun! So if that is what a bacelorette party is suppose to be then MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

So anywho, the night went as so:

We went to a great Mexican restaurant for margaritas and dinner. I found a new favorite margarita…peach, it was SO good! Sarah (turtleparade) made a special appearance and took a picture of the group for me! Thanks S. that was SO nice of you :-)

After dinner we went to a comedy club. The comedy club was pretty cool. The MC for the evening – poor guy – looked like Steve-o from jackass and reminded my of Jay Mohr b/c his act sucked! Well, that is harsh, but he just didn’t look comfortable on stage and his jokes, well sucked! But he is just the MC, so it was all good! My favorite was the first comedian of the night. HE WAS AWESOME! I loved him. He had a great delivery and was SO funny! The second guy had a nerd, stoner, uni-bomber (sp.) shtick thing going on. Weird, but he was funny as well. The headliner who has been on comedy central and mad TV started out funny then kinda went down hill. I would have rather had the first comedian headline :D But I can’t complain, it was what I wanted and I thought overall it was a really good time and I had a lot of fun!!!

We then went out for one more drink of the evening to end the night. Well actually it ended up being 3 people sharing 2 pitchers and me having a drink of Malibu Rum and pineapple juice. I think maybe a few people were spent by this point and were tired of seeing me act like a giant goof and maybe were ready to call it a night…laughter will wear you out! A guy from a group who was celebrating a bachelor party bought me a shot while we were out. It was a lemon drop – YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE vodka (I am a rum & tequila girl). And out of all the ways to drink vodka, lemon drops are at the bottom of my list. So I drank it b/c etiquette states if you are given a drink and it is for good luck you have to drink it…at least that is my etiquette. So I did, but it was horrible. (I am quivering right now) It made my eyes water, my lips pucker and me gag! But it is all good!

The next morning my friend April gave me cupcakes she had made with penis candles on them! They were delicious and a great after drinking breakfast!!! (The cupcakes, not the penis candles, hehehe)

So overall it was a really good night! I really hope everyone enjoyed themselves b/c I know I did! I bet a lot of these people will be more relaxed at the wedding and I hope they will let loose and have a great time!!! THANK YOU to everyone who went and for the cute gifts, I loved everything about the evening!

19 days till the wedding - now down to business!!!

I will be emailing some pics to some people later this week!

P.S. I hope I wasn't too loud and obnoxious when I was drinking? I was hoping more people would get drunk so I would appear normal!!!

4 comments:

  1. Jenn (and Kristen), this was a lovely time! Everything was fun and definitely entertaining!

    Jenn, you have absolutely no reason to apologize for anything! You were a hoot! And IT WAS YOUR PARTY! As long as you had a good time, that's all that matters.

    I was trying to get drunk, (and I wasn't too far behind) but I didn't want to steal the spotlight!

    Thanks for inviting me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a fun night - that's what it is supposed to be about...YOU! And it was my pleasure taking your picture! I'd do it again - anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, it was a great night:)! It was so wonderful to meet all of your friends... So glad you had a great time!

    Can't wait for the wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, I'm so glad that ou had a good time!!!!! VERY cool.

    (I'm so sad I missed it.)

    Can you believe only 19 more days?!?!

    ReplyDelete