Thursday, August 24, 2006

No Luck, Try Again Later!

So after work I decided to head out and find some misc. wedding items I need. Here are some of the things I am looking for:

1. Cute, flater (1" or less) shoes
2. A bracelet to go with my necklace
3. A very very small stud earring for the peircing on the top of my ear
4. Cute Ivory or wine colored bags for bridesmaid gifts (or at this point anything cute)
5. An outfit for this weekend (bachlorette Party)
6. An outfit for the rehearsal Dinner
7. Gifts for our parents
8. Some undergarments :-)
(There is more I need, but these were the items on my list I went looking for!)

So I decided I would hit P'burg area and then later this week head up to Dillards/T. Town for the remaining items! I went to kohls and found the stud earing I wanted and a cute bracelet (still undecided if I want to wear it, have to see it with the dress - but it was only $12, so it is all good!) I didn't find anything else I wanted but thought I was off to a great start. Then I headed to Target and surprisingly I didn't find anything at least on my list that I wanted. I was kinda disappointed, I thought I would find at least some of the things! So I headed just down the way to payless. My dress is SO long, I am not graceful and T and I are the same height that I just wanted a cute flatter shoe....NOTHING!!! Even their dyeable shoes were all 2 " or more and not easy to walk in at that! So I head to shoe carnival. I found a cute, champaign colored shoe with an inch or so heel - but of course they don't make it past an 8.5! So for us with boat feet we are S.O.L. Then for shits and giggles and b/c I was there I headed to the last two places in this strip plaza - Fashion Bug and The Dressbarn - (yeah right) 2 minutes later from each I was done! My feet hurt, it was 6:30 and I was frustrated!

Not all hope is lost as I will be heading to Dillards and infact I may actually have to hit the big mall to find these items, so I am still VERY positive I will find what I want. But I hate shopping anyways so to find only a stud earing and a bracelet you kinda like is a little annoying!

I did however have a highlight to my evening! I went to Giant Eagle's gas station and my parents shop at Giant Eagle but don't have a gas station near them to use the gas rewards so I went to get gas and I saved....are you ready??? $1.40 per gallon!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH! It cost me $1.18 per gallon and to fill my tank was only $15! I LOVE IT!!! I highly suggest shopping at a place that has gas rewards!

If you have any suggestions on places where I can find items on my list, please let me know!! I am not much of a shopper and usually only go to the same few places over and over! But for the wedding, I will try anywhere :-)

4 comments:

  1. I think you're right by heading in the direction of the 'old department stores. I bet you could get the majority of everything you need there.

    Have you tried Kohl's for anything, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (sorry about that - I trashed my last comment because I had a horrendous spelling mistake!)

    anyhoo.....

    have you thought about nice slippers instead of shoes?

    I have a friend who did that, and in a way I wish I did. No one sees the shoes you wear anyway, and I feel like mine were a big waste of money. (I resorted to flip-flops before we even left the church...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried kohls first and was surprised I didn't find everything, I think my sister and I will hit the mall saturday. I hate going there but it is probably the best bet.

    I did buy ivory slippers for the reception, but i didn't know if i should wear those or actual shoes for the ceremony. I think I feel too casual in slippers even though no one could ever see me in them.

    I guess we will see what we find this weekend! thanks!

    ReplyDelete