Tuesday, August 01, 2006

STOP, STOP, STOP



**Before I begin this rant, I am sorry if this pisses anyone off – but please feel free to say what you want as I sure as hell feel free to say what I want**

One of the things that pisses me off more than anything is worthless and stupid technology, well maybe more so are the people who purchase the worthless and stupid technology!

They are inventing a chip that you can put into your phone that contains your credit card number and allows you to pay by phone by simply holding your phone near a cash register. WTF?!?!?!?! Click here for article.

I have a problem with this. It seems like more and more companies are making it easier for us to loose our personal information (credit cards, accounts, ect). We already have a problem with identity theft and now companies want to come up with ways that are easier for our shit to get misused. One example, the stupid pay pass key ring. Money comes from your account (up to $20 per purchase usually) but it is on your key ring. How many people have lost their keys…now you are giving away your car, house AND money! These phones are not much different, maybe worse! So you lose your phone or misplace it or whatever and now people have all your contact information and your credit card ready to use. Now granted, I do not know ALL the details of this little device, but the point is still the same, technology (in my personal opinion) has gone too far! We are consumed by the greed of status and having the best of everything. We are not being logical in the decisions we make.

Maybe I am too old fashioned. I had a hard time giving up my simple cell phone for one with a camera in it. I am afraid that in two years the only “phones” that are going to be available are ones that wash your clothes, pay your bills and look like a mini computer – can we even call these phones anymore? I like technology & new gadgets - things that are useful, but I think it can get WAY out of hand. This idea just doesn't make sense to me, and it doesn't seem to make anything easier - in my opinion. I mean, I already have a debit/credit card that can be used anywhere... it doesn't get much easier than that!

I know I can’t 100% blame the companies who make the stuff because they make it because there is a demand for more! We want more more more, better better better…so I say STOP STOP STOP!! Be thankful for what you have, you don’t always need the best of everything! I know people won’t stop…but at least I said my peace!

Do you have an opinion…agree, disagree, don’t care?

No comments:

Post a Comment