Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Nearly 27 and Finally Wearing Makeup!


(Pictured above is for blue eyes)


So recently I started to get into eye makeup. I have never been into any kind of makeup at all, it is just something I would put on occasionally, but I always felt more awkward IN the makeup then with no makeup on at all. I normally just stuck to a light powder and chapstick and if I wanted to go out at night I would throw on some mascara. But after the hair cut that left me with much shorter hair than I expected (p.s. I like the hair more now) I decided to start wearing eye makeup in an attempt to feel better and to make my face fit my hair. (it makes sense to me)

I started playing around with different colors I already had but didn’t really like them that much. Normally all I would wear when I did wear eye shadow was some shade of brown. I wanted to try different colors, but didn’t really have a clue what to get. So I went to Target to see what was out there and I found Almay. Now I don’t know anything about whether this is considered a “good” product but what made me pick it is that they sell this new line of products all for the eyes based on your eye color! This should be easy enough for me!! It is called intense i-color. You simply find your eye color and everything you need to play up or intensify your eye color is there! They have the eye shadow, mascara and eye liner specific to your eye color – AWESOME! I have green eyes so I got the intensify eye shadow and mascara for my green eyes. The three-shade eye shadow came in a dark green, light green and purplish color and the mascara was a raisin color. I LOVE IT!!! I never would have thought to wear green eye makeup – but it works and I have a new found excitement for wearing eye makeup! I am still trying to figure out what colors work on me, I am fair skinned with green eyes. I tried this gold stuff and it just looked silly on me - I kind of looked sick, but I am having fun with it!

Overall, I am still not into makeup as a whole…I don’t like foundation, blush or lipstick – but I think that is ok, I will just start with the eye thing for now!


Any other suggestions for eye makeup colors or brands you like?


Almay shade collections are for brown, blue, hazel and green eyes.

4 comments:

  1. I'll praise it again...MAC! Especially for eyes!

    I love to go to the MAC counter and have them do my eyes. They'll (if their good, and the one guy who works there is fabulous!) pick the color based on your eye color AND skin tone.

    I've yet to be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good first purchase! I've seen this and was considering trying it. It looks great on you!

    S, please take me to MAC with you sometime. I'd like to give it a shot. You know, with the wedding and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big make-up wearer. I usually just wear eye shadow and mascara (if that). I totally need help - so I'm going to try your Almay find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cool, W.K.

    Welcome to the UBER-fun world of eye makeup!!!

    (You do have beautiful eyes.)

    ReplyDelete