Monday, January 01, 2007

I May Be Getting Too Old For This?!?!



So for New years Eve T & some of our good friends went to our favorite place in BG (Howards) to listen to our friends band Sledge (who by the way - ROCK!!!!) for a great New Years Eve celebration! Every year Sledge plays at Howards to rock in the New Year. Last year T & I took New Years celebrating off and stayed in (which was a great) but we were really look forward to spending some time out with our friends! The great thing about going to Howards on New Years is that there are not that many people and you know pretty much everyone there - so it is like a huge ass party with live music and friends, AWESOME!

But here is the thing, I think I may be getting too old to party hard. A couple times a year is all my body may be able to take. Yes, I am only a few months away from turning 27 - which is still young, but I just don't have that up-all-night partying and drinking attitude that I had a few years ago! I partied pretty hard during college but in recent years my partying attitude has seemed to dwindle to an occasional drink here or there. No more happy hour at 4pm and no more partying till 5am!!

So we went out around 10:45pm (which during the week is way past my bedtime) and came home a little after 2am. I was proud of myself for still being able to put down a decent number of my favorite drink (captain morgans and 7up with lime ~ YUM!!) knowing when to stop to have a good buzz and yet avoid the dreaded spins and hangover. But by 1:00ish I could definalty feel the oldness kicking in, the body saying I am tired and need sleep. Why couldn't Sledge do an "early bird" show?!?!

So in honor of my oldness here is my "Top 10" list of How you know you are getting too old to party hard?

10. When normally you are fast asleep at the time you are planning to go out.


9. When everyone you are with goes home with the same person they came with (and that person is a spouse or soon to be spouse)

8. When you leave the bar with your sig. other and tell your friends you are going to "go to bed" you DO actually go home and go to sleep.

7. When you know your limit of alcohol and know when to stop to avoid the spins or a hangover the next morning! (whether you choose to follow it or not is your call, but by our age we know how much we can drink!)

6. When most of the people you are with have kids and it is intentional.

5. When you take your sinus pills early enough to avoid mixing pills and liquor (unlike when you were younger and liked that mixture)!

4. When you think or say "This music is WAY too loud!"

3. When you can actually buy the drink you want and don't just drink Natie Light Draft b/c it is all you can afford.

2. When you have to pack Tums in your purse so everyone you are with can make it through a night of drinking without getting heartburn/indigestion.

1. When you are at the bar and you can't wait to write a blog the next day about how old you feel!

We did have a great time though....so no matter how old I may feel, I can still party (but just with a few restrictions) HAPPY 2007 EVERYONE!!!!



Please feel free to mention any others!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this post! Too freakin funny!

    You crack me up.

    Happy 2007!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehe... Awesome. Totally nodded in agreement to ALL of those!

    ReplyDelete