Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2007 Movie Preview

So I found this list on MSN about the top 10 movies being released in 2007 or something like that. Anyways – here is the list of the so-called top movies being released this year and my comments in purple! It really is going to be a great year for movies!!!

10. "Charlie Wilson's War" Mark Your Calendar: Dec. 25 Stars: Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams The Story: Hanks plays Texas Congressman Charlie Wilson, who oversaw covert funding of the Afghan rebels in their battle with the Soviet Union in the 1980s.WK: May watch this b/c of Tom Hanks and Philip Seymour Hoffman, but I will wait till it comes out DVD. This description doesn’t interest me much though.

9. "Sweeney Todd" Mark Your Calendar: December TBDStars: Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Sacha Baron Cohen, Alan RickmanThe Story: Stephen Sondheim's celebrated musical tells the story of the notorious Benjamin Barker, aka Sweeney Todd, who sets up a barbershop in 19th-century London to seek revenge on those who have done him wrong.WK: CAN’T WAIT!!!! The cast sounds awesome (especially my favorite man Johnny) but it just sounds like such a fun movie and TOTALLY a Johnny Depp type role, fun and dark! Boo that we have to wait till December!

8. "Grindhouse" Mark Your Calendar: April 6Stars: Kurt Russell, Rosario Dawson, Rose McGowan, Freddy Rodriguez, Danny TrejoThe Story: Directors Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino's homage to genre movies features two full-length pictures: the zombie-filled "Planet Terror" and the slasher flick "Death Proof." How much more do you need to know? WK: UM – NO THANKS!!! It just sounds weird!

7. "Transformers"Mark Your Calendar: July 4Stars: Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson The Story: Two alien robotic races — the Autobots and the Decepticons — bring their battle to Earth. Can humanity survive when our fate partially rests in the hands of Shia LaBeouf? WK: HELLZ YEAH!!!! We are VERY excited about seeing this movie and any kid that grew up in the 80’s should be excited too!!!

6. "His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass" Mark Your Calendar: Dec. 7Stars: Nicole Kidman, Dakota Richards, Eva Green, Daniel Craig The Story: A 12-year-old girl starts out trying to save a friend whose been kidnapped by a mysterious organization in an alternate world but ends up on an epic quest to save our own world as well. WK: I don’t think so. I am not a big fan of Nicole Kidman and this just sounds weird.

5. "Shrek the Third" Mark Your Calendar: May 18Stars: Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz, Eddie Murphy, Antonio Banderas, Justin Timberlake The Story: When King Harold suddenly croaks, Shrek and Fiona discover that ruling over a kingdom isn't all it's cracked up to be. If Shrek can find another suitable heir to the throne, he and Fiona can return home to happiness in the swamp. WK: I love the Shrek movies! I think this would be a fun summer movie to go see! (I love Puss….in boots)

4. "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" Mark Your Calendar: May 25Stars: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Geoffrey Rush, Chow Yun-FatThe Story: When we last saw our fabled crew at the end of "Dead Man's Chest," Captain Jack Sparrow (Depp) had been swallowed by the nefarious Kracken, Barbossa (Rush) had surprisingly been resurrected from the dead and Davy Jones' heart was soon to be in the hands of the East India Trading Company. It's no secret Sparrow will survive, but how does a trip to the "literal" end of the world (according to director Gore Verbinski) fit into the mix? WK: Do I even need to answer this one! Seriously folks, I am SO excited about this movie I pee my pants a little when I think about it! Totally counting down the days till the movie…. (and wearing Depends for the next 5 months)!!

3. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" Mark Your Calendar: July 13Stars: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson and almost every British actor alive, although Helena Bonham Carter and Imelda Staunton are new to the fold. The Story: Another year and more angst for our beloved Harry as the wizard world deals with the return of Voldemort. WK: This is another one I can’t wait to see! I LOVE all the movies and I think they keep getting darker and better! I am SO excited! Infact – these movies actually make me read something other than Dr. Suess or US magazine, and that is saying something! Can’t wait!!

2. "Spider-Man 3" Mark Your Calendar: May 4Stars: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Topher Grace, Thomas Haden Church, Bryce Dallas Howard The Story: Our friendly neighborhood web-slinger battles one of his greatest villains, The Sandman (Church); is tempted by a new flame, Gwen Stacy (Howard); and discovers a new black suit that turns into something much worse — fan-favorite Venom. WK: I LOVE comic book movies/shows! They are just so much fun! This one should be interesting - I have heard bad and good about it. I will still go see it and judge for myself!

1. "The Simpsons Movie" Mark Your Calendar: July 27 Stars: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Harry Shearer, Hank Azaria, Albert Brooks, Kelsey Grammer, Erin Brockovich-Ellis The Story: It's being kept tightly under wraps, but we're guessing it has something to do with Homer saving his family and his love of donuts. WK: TOTALLY!!! I think it would just be fun to see a cartoon like this on the big screen! I am all for watching this!!


Seriously – all summer my ass will be stuck in the movie theater watching SO MANY great movies! I am starting my summer movie fund now so we can afford it! YES!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I NEVER go to the theaters, but I may make an exception or four this summer. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete