Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Interesting but Tasty!



So this weekend I tasted an interesting drink combination that was surprisingly delicious!

I am not a red wine drinker at all. I like sweeter wines like a Reisling. However, we have tons of red wines that were given to us as gifts and T.'s brother and sister-in-law got us a 6 month membership to a wine of the month club for christmas where we get one red and one white wine a month. So I felt bad for not drinking this wine......until this weekend. Apparently, if you are like me and like something a little sweeter and smoother, you can add either a pepsi or mountain dew to your glass of red wine and it tastes delicious! Seriously, it brought out the flavors of the wine and it tasted SO good! Our friend said his sister actually does the same thing with coors light - adds pepsi or coke to it and it tastes really good. I don't know if I will try that, but this red wine/pop combination is surprisingly delicious and I highly recomend it! How much do you add, I think it is really just a matter of taste. We did about 1/4 glass pop - the rest wine. Has anyone else heard of this before?


YAY - I am so excited I can drink red wine now!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:23 PM

    I'll have to try this. I don't care for red wine and prefer sweeter less dry drinks too. Our realtor gave us a bottle of merlot so I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....interesting. Seems odd, actually, seems very odd.

    But I'll take your word for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. B. has had people order this at work. (He's a bartender.) He's heard it called Merloke (merlot and coke). He said it's not bad, so I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete