Monday, January 15, 2007

Just Take it....



So today I had to get up at 8am (on my day off) and I am stuck in the house all day while my car gets fixed. What's wrong with it - NOTHING!!!! I am taking my lovely Honda in for it's 100,000 mile "check up". What is that? Well apparently for my car around this point I have to get all my belts replaced, spark plugs, filters and an oil change. It is suggested to get all this done because if your timing belt and stuff would break then basically your engine would be shot and you would be spending ALOT more money to actually fix your car.

So was it the Honda people who told me to do this....no, it was my wonderful husband who works with cars and has seen what happens when people don't do their regular maintenance on their car. Now don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy to have a husband that works on cars and helps me take care of our investment and I am more than happy to take care of our car - but I am going to be honest........this little scheduled maintenance is costing us around $1,000!!! Yep, and that is alot of money to spend when nothing is actually wrong with your car. I am willing to pay for preventive measures - and hopefully this means we are good for another 100,000 miles - it just stings a little bit as I prepare myself for this afternoon to pay this bill.


Ugh - I am going to go throw up now!

1 comment:

  1. I think...know I know....I would have cried!!! lol

    ReplyDelete