Tuesday, November 02, 2010

How About I Ease Into This Posting Every Day Thing.


So back in August TwoPretzels gave her responses to the Proust Questionnaire. Click HERE for her responses. I have had this saved to post since then, yeah I am a little slow.  But in honor of NABloPoMo (and because I need ideas for posts) I thought I would post this today!  And if you are already looking for blog post ideas like myself….this may help you too!


What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Those moments where you are with someone you love and you are not thinking about money, or work, or bills, or chores, or any other of life’s normal stresses and you just feel so grateful to be in that very moment without a care in the world. Yep, that is happiness.

What is your greatest fear?
Death and what happens after death.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
This one for some reason is tough and I am not totally sure why?  I really do not know what I would consider my greatest achievement up to this point in my life.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I have a slightly skewed perception of reality and because of that I don’t always see things correctly.  For instance, I look very negatively upon myself and because of that I believe that people are judging me all the time.  I hate going to public places because I feel any person near me is looking at all my flaws and judging me and even though in the back of my mind I know it is ridiculous and it is just me projecting my own insecurities out in a different way; I obsess over it.  In an unhealthy and not normal way. I really try not to, but I obsess so much on how I think others are judging me it makes me even more insecure about myself and prevents me from going certain places.  With that I also obsess over certain things in the house.  I will SEE that something has been done, but I have a really hard time convincing myself that it HAS been done. Like I see the garage door is down, but in the back of my mind something doesn’t connect and even as I am looking at the closed garage door I question if I put it down.  I believe these things are related, something is not firing correctly in my brain that skews my perception of what is real as I can see the person at the store didn’t notice me and that I know they are not thinking about me….but I can’t get that idea to compute.  Just like I see I set the alarm correctly, but it doesn’t compute that it is set. UGH, it is SO frustrating. 

Which living person do you most admire?
My mom. She is amazing.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Our bed and sheets. Seriously, our bed was more than our wedding rings. We have a wonderful king size bed and have 800+ thread count sheets. We don’t splurge on anything really, but figure that we spend at least 1/3 of our life in bed…..so it should be comfy. And ours is!

What is your current state of mind?
In Limbo – Just anxiously awaiting for the next phase of our life.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My bottom half: Butt, legs, & thighs. OH MY! *Blech.*

What is the quality you most like in a man/woman?
Kindness towards others. Just being respectful. Please & thank you go a very long way.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Terry.

Who are your favorite writers?
Only one really….a one Mr. Theodor Seuss Geisel aka Dr. Seuss.

When and where were you happiest?
When my husband and I got married we actually took a few moments in the church to see each other before we took pictures and before we got married.  Terry was waiting in the church and I walked in and it was just the two of us.  Those moments immediately before we saw each other and when we were together alone in the church were the happiest moments in my life so far.  Calmness took over and I was beyond happy.  I still feel that emotion today.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I really want to reprogram myself so I do not obsess over things I shouldn’t obsess over and to change the way I perceive reality.

Where would you like to live?
Well, this is the million dollar question & what is currently on my mind at the moment.  I will have to get back to you on this.

What is your most marked characteristic?
Maybe my kindness….and maybe a little bit of my humor.

Who are your heroes in real life?
People who sacrifice to help others.

How would you like to die?
Eek….don’t like this question! Did you not see my greatest fear?! I will not answer this.

What is your motto?
Simple - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Feel free to share YOUR answers!

3 comments:

  1. I very much enjoyed this! And I share your skewed impression of how others view me. So when we inevitably meet each other, please know that I'll assume you're judging me, but I WON'T be judging you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great! I loved reading your answers.

    I do the same thing - I am always thinking that people are judging me. I have gotten less confident in myself as I've gained more weight in the past years. It's sad that we both do this, because we need to give ourselves more credit for being awesome!!

    Your kindness is a very wonderfully superb WK trait!! And yes, you're also funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was great. We need to find more questionnaires to do.

    ReplyDelete