Sunday, November 07, 2010

Movie Review (Quick Edition) - Due Date

I am writing this at 11:40p.m. Talk about waiting till the last minute to post. Let’s talk quickly, shall we!



We went and saw the movie Due Date today. It was funny!

I looooooove Robert Downey Jr. and him and Zack Galifianakis actually worked really well together and they played off each other nicely.  Zack constantly cracked me up....his expressions and the way he walked. Hilarious.  And Robert Downey Jr. is just awesome and has such great timing.  I laughed from the beginning and throughout the movie and even had moments of “oh no they didn’t”!

The movie is completely ridiculous and unrealistic (so do not expect more than that) but it is funny and that is why I liked it. No thinking, just watching and laughing. We need more movies like this.

I would own this one.

Movie Review – Medium popcorn with butter, Junior Mints, Large Beverage

6 comments:

  1. I want to see a movie in the theater. I seriously can't remember the last time I went.

    It may have been Nacho Libre.

    Louis needs to take me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a confession to make. We took the afternoon off to see Due Date, but I think maybe we shoulda waited. It was funny, don't get me wrong, but I never laughed. I laughed out loud when I saw the previews for it, but not in the theater. Not sure if the funny parts are funny individually or if I just saw the funny parts so many times on TV that they weren't funny anymore. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish they'd just stop with the previews. They give away the entire plot and show all the best lines, and by the time they're done, there's no point in even seeing the movie. Ugh.

    That said: I do kind of want to see this. I share your love of the RoDoJu, WK. :) He is a funny, wee little man. And kind of foxy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber & WP - I was a little bummed that alot of the previews were the main parts that I thought were funny. When I was trying to write this in 5 minutes last night so it could post sunday I had some problems because I knew many of the funny scenes were already shown and didn't know how to review that.

    However, we DVR and watch EVERYTHING via DVR so we managed to fast forward through all the previews the closer to the release so it did seem new(er) and made us laugh. We have to do that with movies we want to see otherwise it is ruined. Currently we are fast forwarding through ALL Harry Potter previews! GAH!

    Nadja, get your ass to a movie! I will watch your kids so you can go. You just keep them in a cage, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Downey Jr. is a fox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As my wife already said, too many scenes were in the previews. I say good but not great movie. Wait until Netflix has it.

    ReplyDelete