I enjoy baking a few dozen cookies every year from scratch for the holidays, but this year I want to make a bunch of different treats to pass out to family and friends as an extra holiday gift. Every year I make the same standard cookies/treats and this year I want to try a few new things. The good thing is that this time of year you can find many cooking magazines with recipes in it that I would like to try and of course Food Network has a plethora of ideas …..but I also want to hear what other people like.
See, I am not picky when it comes to pretty much any foods out there, except for desserts. I admit it; with desserts I am a bit finicky. I don’t like cooked fruit or jams in desserts; I HATE raisins or any dried fruit for that matter in my desserts; I don’t like nuts in baked goods except for peanuts (but only in things like fudge, not in cookies); I don’t like things too sweet or really gooey; I don’t like things with too many “extra” ingredients (think simple like cupcakes, brownies, snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies are my favs); I can’t stand things with weird consistencies like custard or tapioca. Ok, I could keep going, but you get my point. So when I bake I typically just bake things I like. (My hips thank me for that) But since I want to give these out this year I thought I should buck up and make all sorts of cookies and baked goods……so I need suggestions! And I am talking anything….cookies, muffins, cupcakes, pastries – whatever! So to get those creative thoughts going, here are a few questions.
1) What are your favorite baked goods during the holidays (This can be anything)?
2) Is there something you make every year that you must have?
3) Is there something someone in your family makes every year that you love?
4) What are your favorite cookies? (List as many as you want…I need ideas!)
5) What are your least favorite cookies?
6) Favorite memory or story regarding baking or desserts during the holidays?