Thursday, November 11, 2010

Joke of The Day


(Second post of the day…gots to catch up!)

So the other night I was in the basement and out of the blue* I made up my own joke. 

I want to believe that I am the first to come up with this joke or one similar (I mean, maybe one other clever person could have come up with it….but I think I am the first and that is all that matters).  I like these types of jokes and personally think I am it is hilarious.  Infact, I think it is so funny that I keep saying it over and over and over again, much to the pleasure of Terry and Kristen.


So without further ado….

Question: “What did the frog think of the book he read?”

Answer: “He thought it was ribbiting!”


HAHAHAHA!!!

Thanks ladies & germs….I will be here all night!

I seriously CRACK MYSELF UP.




 *Ok, it wasn’t totally out of the blue**.  This is how it came to be: When someone rips ass loud we either say they stepped on a duck or a frog….depending on how loud it is.  I know, we be classy.  Well someone “stepped on a frog” while I was in the basement which got me thinking of frogs, which then made me think of other noises frogs make, which made me think of ribbit, and well the rest is history!

**Origin of “Out of the blue” phrase:  It derives from an older phrase. "Dropping out of the clear blue sky”.  1.  From an unexpected or unforeseen source  2. At a completely unexpected time

4 comments:

  1. 3 things.

    1. Your joke is outstanding.
    2. I LOVE the thought trail leading up to it.
    3. Basement+farts made me think of the time I was sitting in my basement listening to a friend of mine pour her heart out and cry. Louis sat on the hardwood floor above us and farted. I didn't stop laughing for 2 days and couldn't concentrate on the sad story any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY clever, you little jokester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you.

    And, that is JUST the kind of joke I love. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This got a laugh AND a snort out of me this morning. :) Loved it!

    And, we totally say the duck thing for farts in our house. Or we blame the dogs. Depending on our mood.

    ReplyDelete