Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Verdict is in!



About a year ago in the town I live we got a Qdoba Mexican Grill and about a year later we got a Chipotle. Now for those who may not know both these restaurants are fairly similar. They are both places that serve huge ass burritos. You go in and it is like the Subway of burritos and you basically pick what you want on these burritos.

Now I had never eaten at either of these places until they were moved to BG and it is somewhat strange that we would have both places in a small town like ours – but I won’t complain! I have heard that Chipotle is excellent but over the past year I had grown rather comfortable with Qdoba, but I am always ready to give a fair shot and see which place I enjoy more. So about a week ago I tried Chipotle for the first time. I thought it was good, the salsa I tried had a nice kick but I have to be honest, I didn’t think it was better than Qdoba. I don’t know if it is because of actual taste, just becoming familiar with a certain place, the atmosphere of Qdoba was a lot quieter than Chipotle, maybe I felt like I was cheating on my Qdoba, or maybe I just didn’t want to buy into the hype of Chipotle. I don’t know – but to me my heart is with Qdoba. Now I am not saying by any means that Chipotle was bad, I thought it was good infact I would eat there again! But I like the options, atmosphere and taste of Qdoba more so than that of Chipotle – just my personal preference! On the other hand, Belle prefers Chipotle (but I think it is because of the paper bags, hehehe)!

Have you ever eaten at either? Which do you prefer?

You can check out both the websites above, Chipotle’s is really fun!

2 comments:

  1. I quite enjoy both. There is also a new place up near Franklin Park....oops Westfield...called Kokopelli, which is the exact same thing.

    In any case...they're ALL good!

    (my first experience was in a Chipotle in Phoenix, so I think I will always be partial to that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:36 PM

    I have had both and think that they are very similar. Both serve big burritos and you get to pick what you want on them. I had been waiting for one to come to the area and now we have three, how great!

    ReplyDelete