Friday, September 08, 2006

A Good Time at the Black Swamp!

Today kicks off on of my favorite weekends in BG – the Black Swamp Arts Festival!!! I love this festival! There is always good food (fair food but tons better). My favorite is the Cajun booth. I love to get the mix plate and T and I share it! It is red beans and rice, crawfish etouffe, gator bites – YUM!!! They also have a good philly sandwich and my favorite – kettle corn!!!!

A lot of local and not local arts vendors come in to display and sell their items over the weekend. There are a lot of beautiful things! Jewelry, paintings, pottery, everything!!! There is plenty to do with your kids and of course they always bring in a few, not so famous anymore, bands to play over the weekend! It is just an all around good time!

The weather this weekend looks pretty good! Beautiful tonight, mid 70’s in the evening, Saturday mid to low 70’s with a chance of a thunderstorm, Sunday cool with a few showers!! Overall, not too bad!

So hopefully some of you in the area will be able to make it down to my town for a very lovely weekend!!

Click here for more information on the Black Swamp Festival!

4 comments:

  1. I completely forgot about this...it's been years since I've been there.

    Maybe I'll make it this year.

    (I CANNOT believe Michelle is going to miss this one...must be love!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) It is love!!

    Yeah, however Sarah, I missed it last year too for a certain BFF's bachelorette party! Remember?? My mom did. She's feeling snubbed lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great event! Very well laid out and organized and cool.

    I'm sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well No Duh, Michelle.

    we have LOVE...I would miss Ozzfest for you! heehee :)

    ReplyDelete