Thursday, September 21, 2006

On the Hunt for a Bed!



So T & I are looking at getting a new bed. My parents know of a place were we can get a great Amish made bed frame for VERY reasonable priced. We are looking to get a canopy bed, T loves them!

However, we think we want to upgrade from a queen to a King. Do you know of any good places in the T-Town, BG, and/or Findlay area that has good beds for a reasonable price? Or any places that have that "same as cash" till 2020 (or whatever it is)? We are not in a hurry, just browsing right now but as we are not home owners and have never bought furniture other than our entertainment center from Wal-Mart we need a little direction!! :-)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I say buy the one in the picture!

    That's all the help I can give. I, too, have never purchased a bed. But if you find some that you like, I'd be happy to give my opinion.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't that one gorgeous! That is my dream bed! I will definatly keep you updated on what I find :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I guess I should say we are looking for a mattress place in particular. Sorry about that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:09 AM

    The best advice I have is GO FOR THE KING, you won't be sorry! J tried to talk me into one when we got married and I stupidly refused. Well, we bought one 3 years later and have had it for 2 and could never go back. It's nice to have all the extra room when you want it. When kids come along it's great to have room to all snuggle together and watch cartoons on Saturday mornings. Also plenty of room for animals if you need it. (we have 2 toy poodles that sleep with us) Happy shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. moving a King bed = horrible; but having one to sleep in = priceless.

    Art Van has locations in Michigan and has nice furniture. you can check them out online to see if it's worth the 30-minute (or so) trip up there. there is also that "Furniture Row" up by you?

    or a reason to take a trip to the furniture capitol of the world: North Carolina? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA, I love that Malissa - too funny!

    I think the verdict is in, we are going to have to go for the king! We have two cats who suprisingly take up alot of space and then of course the someday having children. I can't believe the prices at Art Van, they are VERY reasonable! I found the King Poster Canopy bed I wanted for $899!! YAY! We may be making a trip to MI soon! thanks for the help ladies!!

    ReplyDelete