Friday, January 23, 2009

We Got Tickets!

So we got tickets to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Cleveland in April!!! HOLLA

After a day and a half of trying to get tickets and getting nothing more then a busy signal I finally got through!! This is the first year that the concert has been in Cleveland, it has always taken place in New York. So who are the inductees for this year: Metallica, Jeff Beck, & Run D.M.C. are a few!

I am excited to see Metallica, even if Lars is a complete tool. I also can’t wait to see who else will be there. They always bring in other musicians/celebrities to introduce the inductees and to play their music. I think this is going to be pretty darn cool!



On a side note, I have to say as much as I do love the R&R Hall of Fame I am not always happy with their selection process. There are MANY MANY other bands that SHOULD be in the hall of fame who are not. Why…well maybe they didn’t sell out or were not as “popular” among the critics (Rush, Iron Maiden!), and of course like all things the HOF has its own fair share of politics, which blows. Though I think it is complete bullshit that many bands are not in, I am happy to see this concert in Cleveland where it belongs and to be a part of something really cool! Even if we are in the nose bleed section!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like it'll be an awesome show! I hope that they will air the induction, like they have done the past several years, so that those of us without tickets (*cough*me*cough*) can still see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you WILL be going! Mom and dad got 2 tickets and mom wants YOU to go in her place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Iron Maiden really not in the R&R Hall of Fame?! FOR SHAME!

    ReplyDelete