Saturday, February 17, 2007

A review of my day....



I give my day an A++

T. & I enjoyed the day together on his first saturday off work since our wedding in september!!!! It was so nice spending the day with my husband, it was perfect!!!

We slept in, got Starbucks, went to see the movie Ghost Rider (review below), and went and had wonderful snow crab legs at Red Lobster. Since we ate lunch/dinner at 4 (we like to eat at that time b/c it isn't as crowded) we are going to have some cake later and watch a movie! I am SO happy...an entire weekend with my husband - AWESOME!!!

................................

So onto the movie review.

I give this movie a B-....some of you may think this is a little high if you have seen the movie. The movie itself was ok, we were entertained with the effects and I have to say I ADORE Nic. Cage (i think he is awesome) and I also love comic book movies....that is why it is getting a B-.

As for the movie itself it wasn't as dark as what I would have liked it to be. This is a dark comic and the movie didn't reflect that. The movie also got a little weird towards the middle and end. It just didn't flow...like they cut stuff out that was important. It was choppy and I just didn't care for it. I also think b/c this comic isn't as popular they had to spend more time explaining who Ghost Rider is and the legend that with the storyline it didn't leave enough time for either. I also do not like Eva Mendes at all. I don't like her acting and I think b/c her acting was so bad ecspecially next too great actors like Nic, Peter Fonda, & Sam Elliot that they just made her wear way too tight and small shirts so that every shot they showed tons of cleavage so you wouldn't notice her bad acting. ugh

Like I said, the effects were great and the idea was great and freak'n Nicolas Cage is DA BOMB....but the story itself was just not done right and it wasn't edited right. So I would wait till it comes out on DVD and give it ago then. It will at the least be entertaining enough for the cost of renting a DVD!!! I will say, we will most likely still buy it on DVD - we just like collecting comic book movies!

Anyone else see it???? Your thoughts???

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... Crab legs from Red Lobster... Yum!!!

    Awesome that you finally got to spend the weekend together J!!! Sounds like it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B. saw it this weekend and liked it. He said he thinks this one was setting the stage for a second movie.

    I saw Music and Lyrics and liked it, but like Tiny said, it was missing something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, maybe I was a little hard on the movie. It wasn't horrible and I agree that it did set the stage for a second, i just hope eva mendes isn't in it and they have MORE action - that is what I like!

    ReplyDelete