Thursday, February 15, 2007

Breyers Ice Cream Review:



Another special flavor from Breyers! Cinnamon caramel light ice cream swirled with honey caramel with cinnamon tostada pieces.

REVIEW: B-

That is Breyers description for their "special edition" Fried Ice Cream they have out! T & I had some last night. I have to admit it was better than what I thought. I love traditional fried ice cream so I was a little skeptical on how good it would taste in this form.

It is hard to explain how it tasted. It really wasn't bad and it wasn't fantastic...it was just good. Now obviously it is not as good as actually going to a Mexican restaurant and getting some or even making my own but good nonetheless for a packaged ice cream!

First, please note it doesn't look like the picture on the container, but what products actually do. But it tasted like a nice mild cinnamon ice cream with the occasional honey/cinnamon semi-stale tostada piece mixed in! As pleasant as it tasted I think I would just rather make my own! (see below for my recipe) I really enjoy the taste of Breyers vanilla ice cream but it could have used more flavor and crunchies, I like tons of the "crunchies" and there wasn't enough in there for me or T. Now my friend Chris LOVES this ice cream - thinks it is the best thing ever, so maybe some of you out there will love it....we, well we just like it! It may just be a matter of giving it a try!

I would rate it as a B-. I know I would eat it again and enjoy it, but I think I would much rather make my own!



How I make a quick "fried" ice cream:
- A couple scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Crumbled up corn flakes on top
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top
- Drizzle honey and chocolate syrup (optional - but I think necessary)
- Top with whip cream

ENJOY!!!! This a Fiesta in your mouth EVERY time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment