Thursday, February 22, 2007

For my Listening Pleasure!




So my dad recently told me that I could listen to my XM radio online - YAY!!! I tried it out for the first time today and I have to say I LOVE it! My favorite stations are Ethel, Flight 26, and the bone yard. Plus online you get some bonus stations like New Rock First (up and coming rock artists) & one hit wonders!!! SO FUN!!


I have been listening to my itunes but since I don't have an ipod I don't keep it current with new stuff....so I just listen to the same things over and over! XM online gives me something extra and I love it!!!


Also, I think I am actually excited if XM and Sirius merge! Last I heard (earlier this week) is that things are set in motion to merge but they are waiting for some legal things. Like if the two companies merge is it considered a monopoly of the market...if so I do not believe they can merge. However, if ipods (and a couple other items I can not recall) are considered competition then they can move forward. Like I said, i don't know where they are at this point...this is what I read earlier in the week!


I, of course, am an XM user mainly because of the great rock stations XM has. Sirius had some great stations too so it will be interesting to see what they incorporate into each other and what they get rid of. I have to say I will be a little upset if they get rid of any of the stations I enjoy...but I will complain about that later if it happens!


Any opinions on the merger if you are an XM or sirius person? And anyone else LOVE XM online as much as I do? (they better not get rid of that!!!)

2 comments:

  1. I don't want them to merge. I like the idea of competition. I think it promotes better customer service. (I have a hard time believing that ipods could be considered competition.)

    We have been XM users for 2 years and really like it, but XM dropped B.'s favorite station and so we are thinking about switching to Sirius (which has a station with B's kind of music). If they were one entity, we wouldn't have this option to show XM our frustration.

    All that said, I agree that XM Online rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Sirius and have had it for almost 4 years now. I love it! I wish I had the foresight (and funds) to pay the $400 for a lifetime subscription when they offered those. Now they don't do that. Dammit.

    I love having constistent radio feeds and the same stations I am used to when I am traveling. I picked Sirius because they have a deal with the NFL to provide EVERY game from each team's home market with each team's home analysts and color commentary people. Given that my favorite team is rarely on TV here in OcrapO, it has been a godsend.

    I like the idea of the merger though, I think there is a lot of overlap between the two that could eliminated and a lot of content that could be shared to please ALL subscribers. Alot of sports (MLB = sirius, different conferences in college = one or the other provider) are split, so to combine them would be fantastic.

    As far as being a monopoly, the deal MAY be approved and a cap placed on price increases to prevent gouging customers. It is possibly that they also do not "merge" completely and two providers owned by the same company (like a "Clear Channel") owns both and has both competing. I anxiously await the outcome!

    ReplyDelete