Friday, February 09, 2007

I am sorry, this number has been disconnected!



So today for about an hour I will be changing my role in the office to help out. I will be answering phones and helping anyone who comes into the office. Now I don't mind doing this at all, it is something different and the people I am helping out in the office are super nice...so it is all good!

However, I can't help but be a little nervous. See, I work in the President's office of the college I work at and I will be answering the phone for about 4 important people, including the president of the school. This is a bit scary! Hopefully being a Friday afternoon, the calls and guests will be limited - but like I said....my nerves are definatly on edge. I will be all alone if there are any problems and I don't want to disconnect anyone during a transfer or do something or say something wrong to someone. Plus, I don't like answering my own phone!

So I am just hoping, everyone in the world will be busy and unable to make phone calls from around 1:30 - 2:45 today!

So here it goes!!!

(I am sure it won't be that bad...I just worry a lot!)

6 comments:

  1. You'll do fine! Take a deep breath. Now breathe. There you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, it wasn't as bad as what I thought. Two phone calls and a couple people came to ask questions. EASY! The coolest thing is that in the 10 minutes since they got back and I stopped answering the phones the phone has rang four times and a bunch of people have showed up for a 3pm meeting. haha! Apparently my wish for people to be busy worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so why did you have to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to do this b/c NO ONE else except Dr. Unger and Dr. Adams was in the office - just me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I see.

    What? Dr. Unger can't do it?!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had to be the secretary this week too for a bit. it's nerve-wracking!

    ReplyDelete