Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm Ok With It....




I know outside it is bitterly cold. So cold your teeth hurt, your eyes water (and then freeze), no part of your body can get warm, your leather seats are freezing, the snot freezes in your nose, and you just don’t want to walk anywhere outside….but honestly, I don’t mind.

Seriously! I would much rather have very very cold weather than lots of snow/hail/ice. It is just me. I would be more pissed if I had to come to work in 6+ inches of snow with ice than just bitterly cold. Cold I can deal with, horrible driving/weather conditions due to snow and ice are not at all fun.

So here are some other reasons why I am ok with this extremely cold weather. (Please note: I am by no means saying I love this weather, but as winter goes I would much rather have this then any amount of snow and/or ice.)

- No wet shoes from walking through the piles of snow
- No shoveling snow or salting sidewalks/driveways
- I have fewer headaches with this extreme cold
- I enjoy snuggling with anything! (husband, cats, blankets) It is always better to snuggle when it is cold!
- I enjoy snuggling and watching TV (or also for those who like to watch movies or read – this is the perfect weather to do so!)
- I actually now have a reason to NOT do anything at all, on account of it being too cold! (I especially enjoy this one!)
- Hot chocolate, hot tea, hot coffee, hot broth – they all taste better in cold weather!
- Getting to use my remote car starter (or for those who have heated seats it is great weather for that)
- Everyone looks just as silly as you do bundled up in their goofy hats, boots, gloves, coats, ect….
- Being able to wear scarves and gloves and those goofy hats!
- Knowing there is always someplace else that is colder than here


Please don’t ruin this by listing higher gas bills, pumping gas in the cold and other negative remarks! This is my happy it is cold list! You can only list things that are good about cold weather!

3 comments:

  1. I would like to say that I agree with every single word written in this blog. Including the sidenote at the bottom.

    The cold does not bother me in the least. Just as many complaints could be made about the heat. I love the temperature changes, it keeps life interesting. (And wardrobes!)

    I hearted this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M, I second that. I love temp changes. Gotta love the Midwest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't sweat when it's cold.

    That's huge.

    ReplyDelete