Friday, February 02, 2007

I Love this show!



I love the TV show the Dog Whisperer with Cesar Milan on the national geographic channel. IT IS AWESOME!!!

Cesar rehabilitates dogs that do not act correctly - but more important re-trains the humans who let alot of these behaviors happen (normally un-itentionally)! Last night I watched 3 episodes I recorded and was just amazed at how quickly and by doing basically the same things (slightly modified) in each situation he gets the dog to obey. It is mainly always the people who just don't know how to manage their dogs who learn what they should or shouldn't be doing! SO COOL! I would say for any dog lover this is defiantly a great show to watch! I am defiantly hooked and a huge fan!

His Philosophy:
Cesar counsels people to calmly, assertively, and consistently give their dogs rules, boundaries and limitations to establish themselves as solid pack leaders and to help correct and control unwanted behavior. He doesn't believe in "quick fixes," even though changing some behaviors can appear to happen in a relatively short period of time. None of those changes will "stick," however, unless the human acts consistently with his/her dog every day to keep unwanted behaviors from returning. In Cesar's opinion, no one should ever hit or yell at a dog to correct unwanted behavior.



Here is his website:
http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/

1 comment:

  1. Paul & I LOVE that show! We watch it all time. I swear Tucker thinks there are all kinda of barking dogs living in our speakers. :) Ceasar's awesome (and hot!).

    ReplyDelete