So I know there may be people who disagree, but overall I have to say I did not like the Oscars. I mean, Hugh was fun and there were some good moments, but overall I was NOT impressed at all.
I actually recorded it and watched it tonight. It only took me about 45 minutes to get through, fast forwarding through many of the boring speeches and A MILLION commercials.
What I liked:
- Hugh Jackman, though I don't know how I am going to feel about him after all that singing and dancing when I go to watch X-Men: Wolverine this summer. But overall, he was fun, charming, grateful, didn't try too hard to be something he isn't and handsome. very nice.
- The opening number was fun
- The outfits
- I think the right people/movies won
What I didn't like:
- Pretty much everything else....
- All the flipp'n musical numbers. I didn't know if I was watching the Oscars or the Tony's
- Beyonce IN those musical numbers
- Talking about the actors before they handed out the award - I didn't like it at all. I mean come on, let's pump up their ego's just a little more. I am sure that wasn't the intention, but that is how it came off to me. HATED IT.
- The In Memoriam. I liked the singing, but I did not like the camera moving all around. The camera should be still on the people that we are remembering.
- Why were the high school musical people there?
- They seemed to show Brad & Angelina every 15 minutes on the camera. I think they had a camera just stationed there.
- That it ran over (like always) and it cut off the end of the Oscars for those of us recording.
- Oscars: 45 minutes; Commercials: 3 hours
Overall, it was just boring & stupid to me this year. Sorry, Academy Awards...maybe next year.