Saturday, November 22, 2008

Did You Know....

Leave it to Terry to be full of crazy amounts of random knowledge.

For instance, we were watching TV when out of no where Terry tells me the following piece of information:

T: "Did you know that a Rhinoceros's horn is not bone?"
M: "No, what is it then?"
T: "Just a large ingrown hair. Well it is really just the same material that makes up hair."
M: Just laughing at the randomness
T: "Yeah, fish scales are made of the same stuff. Alot of animals have stuff made out of Keratin."

So I googled and yes he is right (like flipp'n always).

The horns of a rhinoceros are made of keratin, the same type of protein that makes up hair and fingernails.

I just felt I should not be the only person who hears this random piece of information today.

4 comments:

  1. HE should have a blog! Or at least Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I have been saying this for awhile now! You would either love what he had to say or hate it, but it would no doubt be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That horn looks so hard and nasty! All from an ingrown hair...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sad to say that I knew that as well...I have no life.

    ReplyDelete