Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Heart Music

So as I mentioned I went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll honors concert for Les Paul this weekend in Cleveland.

All I have to say is that the concert was AWESOME! I loved it. (See who played here.) Just so many fantastic guitarists and of course to be able to see Les Paul himself, at 93 years young, playing his guitar, sharing stories and making jokes was a once and a lifetime experience that I am SO happy I got to see. I love that I was brought up in a house that loves music as much as ours.

Also, it was announced that this years Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will actually be in Cleveland – about time! It has always been in New York or some place OTHER then Cleveland…you know the place where the Hall of Fame IS! I want tickets.

updated: This is from many years ago...but I just LOVE the way Les Paul plays Somewhere over the Rainbow. He actually played it at the concert this weekend and it just made me smile!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh good for you! I'm so glad you had a good time. :-) I know you were totally looking forward to this.

    Love that Mr. Paul is 93!

    ReplyDelete