Monday, July 14, 2008

Talk To Me...


So do any of you use teeth whitening products?

I used the strips when they first came out. They were ok. I mean for having a semi-tasteless, jelly consistency, plastic strip in your mouth for 20 minutes. Blech! Plus I just have sensitive teeth and these just made my teeth more sensitive.

Since then I have tried whitening toothpaste, but frankly I just don’t like the taste and don’t think they leave my mouth as clean and fresh as say, Colgate total mint – yum!

So any suggestions on teeth whitening products?
I have a coffee addiction and I am starting to notice my teeth are, lets say, not as sparkling white as I would like them to be.

6 comments:

  1. Stop drinking coffee, you caffeine addicted crackhead!

    Since this is not an option, I know there are those strips that you only leave on for 5 minutes and apparently aren't as gelly as they used to be; the whitening product is on the strips, not the gel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate all this crap. It makes my teeth hurt and I have never notice a big difference. I even got some professional stuff from a dentist and it STILL didn't make a significant difference.

    I'm a hater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my teeth professional whitened and STILL don't think my teeth are whitened.

    Seriously.

    I've done the crest strips, and I did notice a slight difference when I did them faithfully.

    However, as Sad Panda says - you really have to cut out eating/drinking anything that would, and I quote my dentist, that would stain a white shirt: coffee, red wine, strawberries, etc.

    I know, how horrible is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris - you should try Sensodyne toothpaste - it really has helped me in the past. And, you only have to use it for a month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I think I meant to say above, "I've had my teeth professionally whitened and I still don't believe they look any whiter than what they were before."

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stuff they give at the dentist makes mine whiter. But also more sensitive. And the second I start with all my dark drinks (coffee, pop, etc.) they go back to stained again.

    I came upon Aquafresh Advanced with 2x whitening power. I only bought it because it was basically free at CVS. I wasn't even looking for it, but I noticed that my teeth are a bit whiter now. Still not 100% white. But much better!

    ReplyDelete