Saturday, April 14, 2007

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! How fast was this jackass going???






(Ok, I think this is a decent amount of damage for someone who should be driving into a parking space! How fast was this ass going??? I know it isn't major - but still! We will have to pay $250 b/c some idiot doesn't know the difference between a parking lot and the interstate!!)


So yesterday as I was leaving work (at a college) I walked out to my car and noticed my bumper on the drivers side sticking out about an inch or so. I then proceeded to look around and noticed scuff marks and paint chipped.

SOMEONE HIT MY CAR IN THE PARKING LOT!!!!!!!! (there were no cars behind me at the time)

I had a Dr. appt I needed to get to so I couldn't exam it as well as I would have liked but I did take pictures on my cell phone. Then when T & I had a chance to actually look at it closer it appears that this jackass (who was either in a big SUV or truck) basically didn't even stop and went straight into the back of my car! The bumper is out of place and most likely the trunk will need replaced b/c it has a big dent in it and won't align properly to close all the way! It is defiantly drivable and my husband (who works with cars) said nothing in the frame was damaged & the lights all still work - which is really good - but my car will need fixed.

It is SO frustrating. T & I work really hard for nice stuff. This is our only "good" car at the moment b/c we can't afford a newer car for T. at the moment. So if anything happens to my car we are screwed. I take care of my stuff and work hard to afford nicer stuff and it would be nice if other people would be respectful of those around them......but I know that is asking WAY too much of people! Of course there was no note or anything - b/c that would be responsible, and heaven knows people can not take responsibilities for their completely stupid actions!!!

I called our security, so we will see what happens. I would love to see the car of the person who hit me (we have some cameras out there) but that is very hopeful thinking. Until then I have a dented car and probably a rather expensive bill heading our way.

Seriously - sometimes I truly can not believe people.

4 comments:

  1. That really sucks. It is amazing that people have no conscience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is terrible. I hope they find the person responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:08 AM

    Jackass!

    - m

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. The camera was not on the area where the jackass hit me and therefore we will never know - boo!

    ReplyDelete