Thursday, April 05, 2007

I am "THAT" Person - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the other morning I went to Starbucks for my usual coffee! I also ordered a bottle water…..b/c everytime I have a cup of coffee or a can of pop I drink water at the same time. (I feel like it is a good thing – ha)

So I pull up to the drive through window and the following conversation takes place:

Barista: “I can give you a small cup of ice water for free?”
Me: “No thank you, I prefer the bottle…but thanks for the offer!”
Barista: “Oh, ok. Your total is $5.10 – So, you must be THAT type of person.”
Me: Silence
Barista: “I can’t really tell a difference between bottle and from the tap, but I guess some people can.”
Me: “Well, I am just clumsy and like to have a secure lid on my water.” (Not the full reason, but I was shocked and that is what I came up with)
Barista: “Ok”

Now, I don’t think EVER in my life I have been referred to as “that person”. What does THAT even mean??? It actually makes me kind of mad.

I took them up on their free water once before and I drank all the water before I even got to work b/c it was a small cup and a lot of ice. I also like to use the water bottle and refill it throughout the day at the water fountain….YES THE WATER FOUNTAIN!!! Does “that” type of person refill at the water fountain????? So the way I see it is if I want to spend the $1-2 of MY own money, one day a week on bottle of natural spring water (that by the way $.05 of each sale supports humanitarian water projects to bring clean water to children) then I WILL!

So maybe yes I am THAT person. I am THAT person who like to spend my money how I choose and you should be THAT person who keeps their nose out of my business!!!



Please note: The above incident has not negatively impacted the way I feel about Starbucks nor will not keep me from continuing to go to Starbucks….I am defiantly not THAT kind of person!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:01 PM

    THAT person needs to be fired!! If it's making the company more money who gives a crap if a person prefers a bottle over a free cup. Wow, how annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just awful. You never say that to a customer. What a tool. Next time, you should use that line on him somehow. "Oh, you're the kind of person that works at Starbucks." Something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing.

    WHAT?!?!

    WHO says that? That's crazy.

    I'd be "that kind of person" who'd call that Starbucks and complain.

    ReplyDelete