Monday, March 15, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN!!!


Today is a VERY special day as today is my lovely sister’s birthday!!! Being just a smidge older then my now 22 year old sister, I remember clearly the day I got to see her for the first time and actually hold her. Older sister mode kicked in at that very moment and I think I became instantly protective of her and knew I wanted to be there for her always and never let anything bad ever happen to her. 22 years later I am still protective of her and I still always want to be there to share in good times with her and comfort her in bad times. However, I would have never guessed back then, that K. and I would have this amazing friendship we have now and be as incredibly close as we are. She is my best friend and I feel so thankful to not just have a younger sister in my life but have someone who means so much to me and is far more than just a sister or a friend. Everyone needs that person for whom they can sit on a couch, watch crappy reality TV for hours with while also eating an entire box of Cheez-its in one sitting and enjoy every moment of that time together!


Kristen, I am SO very proud of the women you are becoming and feel so lucky to have you in my life. You mean the world to me and I will always be there to dry your tears, help you up when you fall (or laugh when you trip down the stairs), listen when you need to talk and of course lend tons of advice even when you do not want to hear it. I will cheer you on with all your successes and comfort you when you need support and I will always be there to laugh at the jokes no one else gets. I know you are going to do amazing things in your life because you are a truly amazing individual. My wish for you this year (and always) is that you are completely happy with yourself and find that path in your life that YOU want to take. This is YOUR life and you need to find the confidence to do the things that make you truly happy.

I love you bunches!
XOXO
Jenn

 

1 comment: