So I think this question may have been brought up by other bloggers, but I just have to ask…..
Do you feel awkward when you go to get a massage or facial?
Last Tuesday I went to get a facial and I have to say, even though I love getting a massage and love how I feel afterwards; during the massage it is a different story.
First, you are put in a rather vulnerable position. You are laying half naked under blankets, in a small candle lit room, with music playing and a complete stranger massaging you. Yep, awkward!
I try not to think about it too much and relax but I have the type of mind that it is hard to turn off, and when I am someplace quiet or I am uncomfortable I think more. These are some things that ran through my head. Seriously, I just can’t stop thinking.
- Did she wash her hands first.
- What is she doing back there and what is she mixing together.
- This would make for a good scary movie, I wouldn’t have any idea she was about to kill me or poison me with some toxic lotion b/c she is behind me.
- I can’t breathe with this steam on my face. Why is it so hard to breathe in hot steamy air.
- I wonder if she ever pays to have someone give her a massage.
- Why do we pay for this stuff anyways, seems kind of weird to pay to have a stranger massage you.
- Wonder if she ever gets someone dirty or that she doesn’t want to massage.
- There is a piece of hair stuck in my mud mask. Oh it is so annoying. I want to touch it and move it so bad. Oh lady, please move it. Can I ask her to move it.
- Why is she massaging my collar bone/ chest area. Did I pay for this. Is that considered part of the facial area.
- This lotion burns a bit – she DID poison me.
- Don’t giggle.
- That picture is not straight. I need to straighten that before I leave.
- I hope she doesn’t sneeze.
- I need to blog this.
-I wonder what she is thinking.
- Good thing she doesn’t have bad breathe – ick.
- I hope we get a booth at PF Changs.
This is just a small bit of things going through my head. I wish I could just go and relax. Maybe I need to do some kind of yoga/meditation and learn to turn my thought off.
Anyone else have this problem, how do you relax?