Monday, July 02, 2007

When one door closes.....

A couple months ago I found out that I was losing my job and this past Thursday was my last day. I have been "working" the past couple months, going in with a smile and trying to be positive about the entire situation. I have many MANY people in my life and at my old job who have been SUPER supportive and encouraging during this entire thing - and for that I am appreciative beyond words. I don't think I could have gotten through any of this without my husband, family and friends pulling me through.


When I lost my job it was unexpected, done in a VERY unprofessional way, politically driven, and I felt like I had been stabbed in the back. It was complete BS. It left me scared, feeling like I was not good at my job, with many unanswered questions, embarrassed, and feeling like I had let my husband and family down. I am a planner.....and I do not deal well when there is no structure and things are up in the air.


I know it sounds cheesy but I am SO thankful to have so many wonderful people in my life and to be blessed in so many other ways that I will not allow this little bump in the road to stop me. So I just wanted to once again say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for being there for me! I am realizing it is ok to ask for help and be comforted by those people around you and that I don't have to deal with everything by myself and alone.

5 comments:

  1. You must give yourself credit as well. You were very professional and kind, much like you always are. A lot of people wouldn't have handled this with as much class as you did. You are awesome and you definitely left as the bigger person in all of this.

    And I don't ever want to hear you say that you aren't a writer. Bull. You've written some pretty powerful things lately - including this post.

    Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both Tiny and M.

    WK - you are an amazing person. Quite possibly one of the sweetest and loveliest people I've ever met.

    I enjoy being around you and you make work better. You do. (I miss working with you.)

    You have my full support. If there is ANYTHING I can do during your time of transition, please tell me.

    BIG hug,

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J., I am one of those people that M. mentioned who wouldn't have handled this with half as much class as you did. Every single day you came in after you got the news was one more day than I would have come in. I hope that if something like this ever happens to me, I can remember how you handled yourself and emulate that. Seriously.

    You are a great person and a talented and hard worker. 'They' suck. 'They' are going to be kicking themselves for a long time for this; whether they are mature enough to admit it - we'll all know it.

    They say everything happens for a reason. I know it is cliched and not much comfort, but there are better things on the horizon for you. Enjoy this free time, make the most of it and look forward to what the future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you can see the glass as half-full. this will definitely lead you to a healthy, happy, long life! i'm sure your friends and family are lucky to have your positivity in their lives.

    ReplyDelete