Thursday, July 12, 2007

Talk to me....




I have to say that I love Bleach! I love how well it cleans, that it disinfects, unclogs pipes, makes bathrooms look so bright, is inexpensive, how it cleans towels, and I actually love the smell of a items cleaned in Bleach!!

I never clean without bleach!

However, I know bleach is not a "green" product. I know I could cut down but I don't think I could ever give up using bleach (especially in the bathroom). I think moderation is good. But I do want to be more aware of other means to clean that are more natural.

Here are two websites I found that show ways to clean using a natural product -vinegar.
Click here
Click here


I may give it a try. Has anyone tried cleaning with vinegar? Do you know of any other natural ways to clean? Suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 AM

    I always use a mixture of vinegar and water to clean windows and mirrors. It never leaves streaks and it cleans perfectly every time. I don't measure - I just dump in some vinegar and fill the rest of the bowl with water and then use old rags to clean the window and then non-lint towels to dry. The downside is vinegar has a strong, uninviting smell.

    Not sure about cleaning the rest of the house with it, except that it might be stinky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually never used bleach. Don't even have any in the house.

    Never tried cleaning with vinegar either.

    I think we need input from S.H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:21 AM

    I do clean with vinegar. I hate the smell of bleach/chemical cleaners. I have used it to clean out the toilet bowl and for the kitchen counters and windows.

    The acidity of the vinegar kills germs and sometimes I mix in a little lemon juice with the vinegar and water. The vinegar smells a little at first but after a minute the smell disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used a mixture of vinegar and water on my wood floors at home. Also, my mom is a huge believer in using vinegar and water on your windows - then use newspaper instead of paper towels to dry the window. It leaves NO lint, and is her way of "recycling" newspaper.

    ReplyDelete