Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Name is NOT honey.....

I know I am probably in an overly sensitive mood lately and things are pissing me off more than normal due to some personal things. However, I would just like to make this clear ONCE AGAIN because it obviously hasn’t been made clear enough previously.

By no means should 98% of the people I am in contact with on a daily basis be calling me anything other than my name. For instance (but not limited too): Hun, Honey, sweetie, dear, etc. Now this is pretty much geared to the people I work with (excluding friends…see below) and customer service people. People I work with, ESPECIALLY the ones I do not know very well, should strictly be calling me by my name. If you should choose to call me by a name other than my legal name, there will be consequences for your actions.


- First time, a verbal warning & another copy of the rules.
- Second time, a slap on the wrist & a copy of the rules taped to every surface of your office or place of employment.
- Third time, I get to throw something hard at you while I yell curse words at the top of my lungs.
- Fourth time (if you dare let it get to that), well…let’s just say you shouldn’t let it get to that if you know what is best for you!

.......
So to help those who still are not getting this let us run down a list of rules, shall we.

Husband/Parents/SiblingsJenn, Jennie, and well honestly pretty much anything they want to call me is acceptable.

FamilyJenn, Jennie, and any of those cute grandparent names (like the ones above that are banned by most of you).

FriendsJenn, Jennie and any other nicknames that have been previously approved. None of the names mentioned above, unless joking or drunk.

AcquaintancesJenn

Co-workers (who are not friends)Jenn, Jennifer (I guess), Mrs. H*****

Customer service people (You all know who I am talking about but some include wait staff, Doctors, credit card companies, check out people who I may have given my name too or who are just serving us)Miss, Jenn, Mrs. H*****, or the ever dreaded “M” word (even though I feel old when people say it to me)


I think that covers everyone.



Why do I get so upset….because it is honestly disrespectful to call someone you don’t have a close relationship with those names. It isn’t cute, it isn’t funny and it is 100% not acceptable. (period)


So, I hope we are clear on this.
Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I would take Honey or Dear ANY DAY over Ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to say that this is really for people my age, younger or slightly older than me. If I run into a cute grandparent aged person and they call me that I actually LOVE it! I just think at work and in professional places....you should be professional.

    Yeah, Ma'am is pushing it (what age does a person turn into a Ma'am??) However, that is how much I hate the other words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a coworker call me 'kiddo' today. Didn't like it. At all.

    ReplyDelete