Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Hope This isn't a Reflection of my Friendship Abilities?!?!?!




So last Friday one of my friends gave me a bag/mixture of friendship bread. I had never heard of this until then. For those of you who have also never heard of this basically you get a bag with some ingredients in it and you have to follow specific instructions for each of the 10 days on how to make the bread. Then after 10 days you mix in more ingredients, divide the batter into 4 parts, keep one for yourself and give 3 to friends (the friendship part), and then bake it. It is suppose to be a sweet bread.


SO....I got this when it was on day 7 from my friend. I took it home that night and laid it on the counter - excited that in a few days I would be able to bake something! Well when I woke up Saturday morning I saw that our adorable little Belle chewed through the paper bag - luckily she didn't get through the plastic bag that the mixture was in- but still did a number on the bag. So Terry decided we need to put the bag on the pantry. I say Terry, because I knew I would NEVER remember it on the pantry...out of sight out of mind! However, he assured me that he would remember!


Fast forward to 4 days later - 6:30 a.m......."Holy Shit I forgot about the bread!"


So I went downstairs and took the bag off the top of the pantry. First this bag was huge and all puffed up. I assume there is yeast of sorts, but it looks like this bag is ready to pop! Plus I haven't been "mushing" the mixture the past few days and I am two days past when I am suppose to actually make the bread!


At this point I am just thinking it is a lost cause. The directions to make this bread seem pretty specific with lots of items to add to the mixture. I am not a baker...cookies and cakes a few times a year...but that is it.


I failed at making friendship bread....how sad it that!?!?!?!




Has anyone made this stuff? Is it still ok for me to ATTEMPT to make this....or is this bread a lost cause ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I can't speak for your bread friend, but I don't think I can be your friend anymore.

    It's been real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    (I forgot to add that before.)

    ReplyDelete