Friday, June 08, 2007

In Memory of.....My bedtime shorts

So you know those clothes that we have in our closets that we have had for a very long time? Not the ones outdated or the ones we keep thinking we will fit into once again some day but the old stand by clothes. The ones that are worn, maybe torn, have stains, not necessarily presentable to wear in public but are so comfortable and just make us feel happy to wear them around the house?

Well I have a few of these items of clothing around our house. Some random pieces of clothing that I like to throw on when I get home from work and/or just want to be comfortable. Well last night, one of these articles of clothing may have covered its last tush :(

I have these shorts I wear to bed and I have had them for about 7-8 years. I love them! They are so bagging and comfy (probably b/c they are so worn the material is now like tissue paper)!! Now for a few months I have seen the impending doom coming....a small hole on the seam that was slowly getting bigger, yet I ignored this. Well last night I pulled the shorts out of the washer and there it was....I huge ass hole down the entire backside of my shorts...NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I have to face it that there is no saving these shorts....I probably should have gotten rid of them years ago, however I still couldn't bring myself to throwing them away! Infact, I dried them and now they are sitting in my laundry basket (or purgatory) awaiting their final fate.

I know I will eventually throw these away, get a new pair of shorts to make my bitch, and once again in 7 years be doing this all over again....but my friends it is hard! So many memories can be tied to material possessions that sometimes it makes it hard to move on.

So today I ask you to share a moment of silence for my shorts and ALL the other worn articles of clothing that we have loved over the years.......

thank you


Jenn's bedtime shorts
1999-2007

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Hilarious!

    I am sad to hear that your shorts passed their last leg of life.

    RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:21 AM

    You are too freakin funny. This was priceless!

    Ahahahahah!

    -m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think they make a patch THAT big!

    ReplyDelete