Wednesday, March 21, 2007

An Inconvenient Cold.

(Sorry, I just watched an Inconvenient Truth yesterday and I am on medicine….it was the best I had!!!)


So sorry for the lack of blogging the past 5 days or so but I have been a bit under the weather. Today is my first full day back to work, and let me tell you I am having a hard time making it through the day!!

I started feeling off last Thursday and by Friday I had a full out cold/flu or whatever it’s called! Now I am at the point where I have not felt well for nearly a full week and I am just DONE being sick.

What sucks the most about getting sick is that it always seems to happen at an inconvenient time. I would have loved to be able to take a few days off work, sleep and get better. But unfortunately work is busy and I can’t take any more time off at the moment. Why couldn’t it have come when nothing was going on and I could have taken some “extra” time off?!?! Also, I hardly EVER have plans on the weekend…..but I take a long weekend and make plans and BAM – I’m sick!

Some things that this stupid sickness ruined this weekend:
- I haven’t seen my sister yet for her birthday which was on March 15
- We didn’t get to see Terry’s little brother for his birthday, which was on Saturday
- I didn’t get to make my big St. Patrick’s day feast I had blogged about
- I haven’t given Terry a kiss on the lips since last Thursday
- I had taken Friday off for a vacation day, but was instead sick all day! A waste of a perfectly good vacation day!
- T. had the weekend off (which he doesn’t get too many of) and instead of us doing stuff over the weekend he planned out to do, he took me to the doctor and sat in Rite Aid for an hour waiting for my medicine.
- The medicine was gross!! (But in good news I got medicine with codeine in it for my cough – YAY!!)
- I didn’t have a voice the entire weekend. (which I guess was ok considering I slept for the entire weekend)
- I was too tired to blog, read blogs or even move to the room where the computer was located to THINK about blogging.


I know this is ALL complaining. I am NOT looking for any sympathy – we have all been sick. I am just at the “annoyed with being sick” phase and wanted to rant a little. Oh, and see if anyone else notices that we get sick at the most inconvenient times?!?!?!


Wishing everyone good health and a VERY HAPPY first day of spring!!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. Hope you're back to a '10' in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better J!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you feelling better?!

    (I missed your blogging.)

    ReplyDelete