Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Talk to me....




So I have a question for all you green thumbed people!


I want to plant some flowers this spring at our new place! Unfortunatly, being that we live in a condo, I don't know how much actual planting I can do around our house. So I was thinking about get some cute flower boxes and planting flowers in those and putting them on our patio and on our front step! However my question (s) are WHAT are good flowers to plant in that kind of smaller space and when is a good time to start planting said flowers?


Also, has anyone planted herbs in one of those herb pots? How does that work? OH, and we do have alot of bunnies in our area, so maybe we can't plant flowers :(


I know very little about flowers and such so any ideas/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

2 comments:

  1. Impatiens are good because they require very little light. And they are cute and come in tons of different colors! They also fill out very nicely.

    You're probably not going to want bulbs necessarily, especially if you're doing flower boxes. So perennials are the way to go.

    I can probably think of more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything that M said.

    And you'll plant them after the first frost.

    :-)

    I stay away from petunias because you have to "pinch" them to make sure they don't get too "leggy". (Long and scraggly.) I think they're too high maintenance.

    ReplyDelete