Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Own "Velveteen Rabbit"




Above is a picture of my favorite stuffed animal - Kitty! Kitty has been with me since I was 6 years old or so!!! I sleep with Kitty every night, yes EVERY night. She is usually under my head or tucked under my arm. She is worn, has holes, lost her whiskers, is pretty flat (not much stuffing left), and couldn't be more loved and a necessary comfort for me.



I know a grown married women of 27 probably shouldn't still be sleeping with a stuffed animal, but I can honestly say I don't remember a time when Kitty hasn't been next to me. I truly get upset thinking some day she will be put up on a shelf b/c she will be too worn to snuggle with. (Can not think about it)



Anyways, here is my problem. Kitty hasn't been washed in sometime now. (sorry - kinda gross, I know) I keep little night gowns on her so I can wash those or throw them away so that I am not laying directly on kitty. However, after my last cold, the fact that I am still sick AND my eye infection came back - I have realized that Kitty may need some form of cleaning to get germs off of her. Here is the thing though - I don't know how to proceed in a most delicate way! Kitty would not survive the washing machine and I am afraid to spray her with Lysol / fabreeze combo as I do sleep on her and I don't know if those can be next to my face.



So I guess I am asking to see if anyone has any suggestions on a good way to "disinfect" my kitty without ruining her or using too harsh a chemicals. My poor Kitty!!



On a side note: since my eye infection came back I had to get rid of the brand new sleep mask I just bought! It was WONDERFUL!! I am SO beyond tired of being sick! I have had something wrong with me for about 6 weeks now - UGH!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Do not fret. I will take care of Kitty on our next visit. We will give her a gentle bath and mend any ripped areas (boo boos) that need repair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! THANK YOU!!!

    I am so afraid to give her a bath or do anything to her!!! Also, I think some minor surgery to repair a few "boo boos" and ripping apendages would be great!!! :D

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Kitty made the blog!

    That day at work will go down in history as one of the funniest days ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (It made my day that kitty is on the blog. YAY!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehehe... Ahhhh memories! That was sooooo funny. (I'm sure not to Kitty, though...)

    Andrew says to Fabreeze Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:09 PM

    By the way, is kitty being held hostage by Sebastian and Belle or is she dressed up as a ninja?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL – actually no it wasn’t Belle and Sebastian…but let me tell you the story!

    It was bring your pet to work day…I brought kitty!

    I left for a meeting and trouble ensued!!

    Some of my oh so funny co-workers took Kitty and tied her up and took “ransom” type /clue pictures of her throughout the office. Oh yes, kitty in the coke machine, hiding in cabinets & plants, stuck in weird places….and of course my personal favorite – making photo copies of herself!

    My co-workers claim Kitty enjoyed it! Hahaha!

    (It was actually VERY VERY funny! I have the copies of the pics at home – I will show you next time I see you!!)

    ReplyDelete