Thursday, September 27, 2007

Talk to Me...



So I was cleaning out some things in our back bedroom and came across my old camera. It is a GREAT camera from Canon! You can adjust everything manually or automatically, it has a great lens that shoots pretty far, you can change with other lenses, it looks brand new and takes beautiful pictures. The only "flaw" it isn't digital. It still takes that stuff called film.

Now when the digital camera came out I was SUPER excited. The digital camera is just plain AWESOME!!! I really love everything about it. But I have to admit, I kinda miss the good old days of film. Granted, film is expensive to purchase and develop, it is a pain in the ass to change, film can't go through the x-ray machines at the airport which is a pain on vacation, and film can just be delicate (I have lost a fair share of pictures b/c the film wasn't developed correctly).

But I feel bad, not being able to use this fantastic camera I have. I kinda miss going to get your pics from the store and the excitement of seeing how they turned out and I like the feeling of taking pictures on this "older" camera... so I think I am going to bring out my camera from time to time. You know, just to remember the good ole days (a whole 5 years ago). But I have a feeling in the not so distant future, it will only be digital cameras - which is kinda sad.


So have you gone completely digital or do you still use film? If you are digital, will you ever use film again? I wonder how long it will take for film cameras to become extinct?

3 comments:

  1. I use both. A lot. When I know I'm going to be taking pictures at a party or event, I always take and use both. I'm a dork.

    I like the surprise of picking up developed film pictures. I like the ability to call a 'do-over' with a digital camera. It's a toss-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think that film will ever completely disappear. There is still an art to using film and there are lots of artists who embrace it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree their are artists/photographers who will still use it....but just for the general public I wonder if they will keep using it.

    ReplyDelete