Friday, September 07, 2007

A Little Slice Of Heaven!






So last weekend T & I were invited up to Lakeside to spend the weekend with some friends. Besides the fact that we had a good time, I have to say the best part of the weekend was when we walked into the Cheesehaven!!!

Yes my friends, this amazing store is located just a couple miles from Lakeside and features over 125 different kinds of cheeses!!! It is amazing, and slightly overwhelming to any cheese lover! There are smoked cheeses, aged cheeses, cheeses with about anything you could think of added to them, spreads, basically EVERYTHING!!!

Besides cheeses this store also has a large selection of wines, candies, hot sauces, and so much more!!!

Terry & I ended up leaving with a block of 4 year old aged cheddar which is so yummy but very strong! It tastes great on salads! A smoked cheddar which is my favorite and just fabulous! We also got a cheddar & bacon spread, which I wasn't sure of but tastes just like smoked cheddar in spread form! YUM!


This place is about an hour from BG. and is open all year round. If you are up near Marblehead I HIGHLY suggest going to visit. However, if you want to try some of their cheese now, guess what - they will ship cheese!!! Check it out below!!! It is worth it! (we recommend the smoked cheddar!)

http://www.cheesehaven.com/Default.htm

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I bet our friend Two Pretzels would have gone ape s*%t in there. I had the pleasure of visiting the Haven when I was younger but did not fully appreciate it. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH - that sounds amazing.
    I would have walked in there, lactaid in hand, ready to try all.the.cheeses.

    :-)

    FUN!!!!!!

    Lakeside is a lovely little community. I once went to a tea party there with my Mom and sister.

    How fun!

    P.S. LOVE the pictures.

    And yes, Iris - I would indeed have gone apt s*%t in there.

    ReplyDelete