Thursday, September 13, 2007

Talk to me....

Ok, so after 2 1/2 months and no luck finding a job the suggestion of talking to a headhunter was brought up. Side note: Headhunter just sounds scary! Like I have done something wrong!

So I googled headhunters for Ohio and the searches brought up an assortment of random websites for temp agencies and stuff. So I thought I would ask and see if.....

1. Anyone has used a headhunter/search firm to find a job?

2. Pros/cons to using one?

3. Any you would recommend?

I plan events for a living so alot of supplemental staffing places don't really work for me. But I thought if there was another option out there that might help me find a job, even if it was a secretarial job I better explore it. I only have a few more months on my unemployment and frankly - I am freak'n bored out of my mind!

So any feedback on headhunters (good or bad) would be MUCH appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. I have two friends who have used headhunters. W. had good results, gets leads, interviews and offers regularly. (He's constantly looking for a better job.) G. hasn't had the same luck, but he's a TV sports anchor, a little bit harder field to move around in maybe than engineering, which is W.'s field.

    I think if you're looking regionally or nationally, they might be worthwhile, but for a local search, I don't know if they'd be worth it. But, if you're interested, I know one locally if you'd like her info.

    ReplyDelete