Friday, September 28, 2007

I Love.....(Fall Food Edition)


So because this is what I had for lunch today I am posting my two new favorite loves! Campbell's Select Creamy Tomato Parmesan soup & unpasteurized apple cider!

Soup first, this is without a doubt the best tomato soup I have ever had! So good! I think it is newer, I haven't seen it at Meijer but at Giant Eagle and surprisingly Wal-Mart. This is a must have for this fall on the colder nights!

As for the apple cider I have been drinking unpasteurized apple cider - if you can get your hands on this stuff from a safe place DO IT. I don't believe they sell unpasteurized apple cider in most stores, but you may be able to find it on farms that sell veggies and stuff during the fall. My parents got ours from Amish country b/c they live in the town right next door. The thing about unpasteurized is that it is not for kids, people who are pregnant or breast feeding, people who are older or have a lower immune system. (I sound like a commercial...but that is my disclaimer. Don't blame me, read up on it.) When it is unpasteurized there are still some bacteria left in the drink. Now don't let this gross you out - it is perfectly fine to drink and in my opinion SO much better than regular apple cider. Unpasteurized has a sweeter, slightly thicker flavor and leaves no after taste. It is just like eating a big juicy apple! DELICIOUS!

So these are my two fall food suggestions! Enjoy


P.S. the other great thing about apple cider is making hard cider! That is what my husband is in the process of doing now for next spring. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. That soup sounds phenomenol! Do you have to add water or anything? Or eat it as is?

    The cider kind of scares me. But I will happily drink 'clean' cider. :)

    Now if only it felt like Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup IS phenomenol! You don't add anything to it...just cut open the box, pour it in a bowl and heat it up! It is SO good!

    I was a little nervous too, but it is really good and I am 100% fine!!!

    ReplyDelete