Thursday, September 13, 2007

My New "Addiction"




Ok, so I have a new late night addiction. QVC.


I will be honest, I never really cared for QVC. I use to make fun of the jewelry (just not my taste) and I more or less never even watched the show and didn't give it a chance. However Monday night I was looking for something to watch and saw that it was Gem Week on QVC so turned to it. I love gems and as there was nothing else on I thought - what the heck!

Skip forward a few days and the last three evenings I have turned on the QVC jewelry show and watched it for a little bit before I go to bed! I don't know if it is because it is Gem's this week or the soothing voice of the girl talking or how fast the jewelry goes or what but I am completely enthralled by this show AND the idea of the show.


Here are some things that amaze me about the show:

- Lisa, the person talking about the jewelry is really nice (on the show) and can just keep talking forever. It is like the marathon of sales pitches! She can talk about this jewelry for 2 hours straight and she is flawless. It is amazing to watch. After like 5 minutes I wouldn't know what to say!

- I can't believe how many people stay up late to watch these shows! I mean they are always selling stuff anytime during the day!

- People call in and say hi. These are dedicated QVC fans and some will even go into parts of their life and reveal maybe too much info on air. It is funny! (The calls are my favorite!)

- I can't believe how much people buy! They may have 6,000 pieces of jewelry and they will be gone in 2 hours. And things just go FAST on the show. You have to be quick!

- I wonder how much QVC makes a year. Also, I wonder how much people spend a year on QVC products.


It is like the ultimate reality show for me! And actually alot of the jewelry I have seen the past few days I thought was pretty and something I may wear! (of course some is just too crazy for my taste, but some is very very nice)

Does anyone else watch QVC? Any other products worth checking out? Right now I am just stuck on the gems, but any good makeup or stuff? I haven't bought anything, but it is fun to look!



P.S. I could see how this could be dangerous. Just sitting in the comfort of your home, looking at the pretty things on TV, credit card in hand....it could be easy to buy alot of stuff from them!

3 comments:

  1. I've never really watched before but just might have to after this post. Sounds kind of exciting in a strange sort of way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really watched before but just might have to after this post. Sounds kind of exciting in a strange sort of way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandma has bought the place out of its Tiffany lamps. Nearly every female in my family has one from her. It's hysterical, she loves it!

    She just bought a new 46 inch flat screen tv. I can only assume it's because she wants to get a better view of the products. That and she really likes college football.

    ReplyDelete