Monday, August 13, 2007

A Soundtrack to my Life!

A couple months ago I had introduced the “challenge” that was set before me by one of my friends to create a soundtrack to my life. Click here. I put a lot of thought into this list but was distracted by some personal things in my life and didn’t feel like finishing my soundtrack. Well this weekend I got the urge to pull out my list and finally finish it!!!

I decided to create my list not just based on my favorite songs but more the songs that have had a strong emotional pull to me and take me back to certain points in my life. I have always been a loner and music has always been my outlet for my feelings. When I listened to this CD completed for the first time I was slightly surprised that I was flooded by emotions (good and bad), but that is the wonderful thing about music.

So anyways, here is my list. This list starts from when I was young until right now and the songs are all representative of certain times in my life! I also included 3 “bonus” tracks to my CD. The only reason they are bonus is b/c I actually did make a CD and those songs did not fit!!!

Also, here is my Sister’s list and A’s list if you want to see what they picked!

1. Tomorrow – Annie Soundtrack
2. Daydream Believer – The Monkees
3. The Streak – Ray Stevens
4. Dixie Chicken – Little Feat
5. Rainbow Connection – Muppet Movie Soundtrack
6. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm – Crash Test Dummies
7. Longview – Green Day
8. Wilkommen – Cabaret Soundtrack
9. Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton
10. Imagine – John Lennon
11. Paradise City – Guns N’ Roses
12. Where It’s At – Beck
13. Deconstruction – Indigo Girls
14. Hey Jude – Beatles
15. Summer Romance – Incubus
16. Big Eyed Fish – Dave Mathews Band
17. Have a Little Faith in Me – John Hiatt
18. That’s How Strong My Love Is – Otis Redding
19. In My Life – Ozzy Osbourne Cover
20. Famous Last Words – My Chemical Romance

Bonus Tracks:
- St. Louis Blues – Louis Armstrong
- Shine on You Crazy Diamond – Pink Floyd
- Moonlight Sonata – Beethoven

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you did this (posted the challenge and created your list)! And I love how varied your list is. I'm excited to look some of these songs up!

    ReplyDelete