Wednesday, August 15, 2007

They are back.....

- The roads are getting busier
- The stores are stocking up more than usual
- Hotels in town are all booked
- Gas stations and Liquor stores are increasing their alcohol supply
- Every day there are more and more people out and about (including more parents)
- The campus is looking in order & tons of signage is going up
- Restaurants and stores are busier than they have been the last few months
- The locals are running their last minute errands before the weekend comes
- There are moving trucks everywhere
- The town is in a mild state of chaos



Yes my friends, BGSU starts classes next week. The students are BACK!

So I bid farewell to the three months of peace, easy driving, no lines, emptier bars, and restful summer we had and welcome back all the students with open arms! Yes this is a slightly different attitude then I had in May when I couldn't wait to see the students leave. But it is all part of the cycle of life in BG and now, after some quiet, I am ready for their return!

I am excited b/c my sister is back, the town does get boring and couldn't survive without all those students and for the first time Terry & I are not living right next to the college. We are finally in a house away from the parties and noise that is the college apartment life! Plus it means Fall is right around the corner...and really nothing can get me down this time of year!

So again.....WELCOME BACK!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I was so happy to move out of BG. I lived there for 4 years after college and it got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore. (I didn't even live by college kids. We lived in a house on the outskirts of town.) I don't think I could ever move back (even though we talk about it from time to time), but I do love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's bittersweet having everyone back. But how nice your sis is yours again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get frustrated here...but that three months of "freedom" is a nice little break. And now with my sister in BG, it makes living here great!

    ReplyDelete